Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

Absolutely love your very busy hold, and something unique in your build- the bags and rattan baskets, very interesting. Are those 3D printed and painted? BTW, beautifully painted.
Hallo Jim, the bags, cases and boxes are resin, the baskets are white metal. The parts are from my railroad fund from the company Skytrex from UK painted by me.

Adi I just love these pics. Everything is so authentic-looking - those haversacks are the best I have ever seen and the rest of the ornamentation just fits in perfectly with the overall ambience of the model. I must say Le Coureur looks like a blast to build.

Many thanks for all the likes and comments. Now I'm almost done with the beams and carlings. Only at the stern the last beam is still missing here the large hole for the rudder must be drilled.

Coureur_20211111_1.jpg

Coureur_20211111_2.jpg

Coureur_20211111_3.jpg

Coureur_20211112_3.jpg

Coureur_20211112_4.jpg

Now I am working on the deck planking and already the first tests and cosiderations show that some things have to be adjusted here. Like Uwe, I will probably not be able to avoid redesigning the waterways.

Coureur_20211112_1.jpg

Coureur_20211112_2.jpg

My friend - your interior work is looking great ! very good work

Some small hints for the next working steps:
1) on my model the octagonal pumps had a drilled center (marked in red) - this is necessray for the later finishing of the pumps
Coureur_20211111_3.jpg
If your do not have them you should drill these holes before the final fixation - outside it is much easier

2) I think, that the hole for the rudder is still too small - should be wider, that the rudder will get a bigger angle
Coureur_20211112_4.jpg

3) I mixed the deck planks left and right side - the two sheets with the planks are exept the kingsplank mirrored - with this you can reduce the appearance of the anual rings of the timber
Coureur_20211112_2.jpg

4) You realized already the different fit of the planking aft towards fore (red is smaller than green) - btw: when you remove the planks from the sheet and sand them (char and the distancers) the gaps will get smaller
Coureur_20211112_1.jpg

I can give the recommendation to plan and test the complete deck planking (with waterway) before fixing one single plank - not to start to glue any single plank, before you know the location and width of every plank

I guess all these things are already in your mind.......

Last edited:
Many thanks for all likes and comments. As recommended by Uwe, I made a few more adjustments and then turned my attention to the deck planking.
I also decided to make the waterways from pear itself. Like Uwe, I like Boudriots version much better. I also design the position of the planks alternately to counteract the grain of the annual rings.

Coureur_20211115_1.jpg

Coureur_20211115_3.jpg

Coureur_20211115_2.jpg

Coureur_20211117_1.jpg

Coureur_20211117_2.jpg

Coureur_20211119_1.jpg

Back