Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

I agree with all comments above, great work on gun rigging, and perfect sizing per scale. But...I wouldn't be Jim if I don't point with your permission, a small sizing discrepancy. The quoin handle a bit oversized for the size of the quoin itself. Perhaps, this might be for my own taste.

View attachment 338474
Hallo Jim, my friend,I guess you're right, I've used the smallest slip nails, filed them down and still... a bit too big.

Hallo Jim, my friend,I guess you're right, I've used the smallest slip nails, filed them down and still... a bit too big.
*Hint: look for the miniature belaying pins, if you chop off the body of it, the handle can be perfectly fit. Below is the example I use Falconet's pearwood belaying pins for quoin.

1667657457298.png 1667657831007.png IMG_2565.jpeg

One more thing comes to my mind. You can shape a new one a bit smaller using the rotary tool and file. They might not be a perfect uniform, but you make them from scratch... ;)

It took me 5 minutes to down shape one. I think it is doable and looks OK. What do you think, Adi?

IMG_2563.JPEG IMG_2564.JPEG

Hello Adi,
your Le Coureur is growing and growing. I have a question, shouldn't the diameter of the octagonal end and that at the transition to the round profile be the same? I don't want you to have problems with the iron ring with which the mast is attached to the bow. See pictures. Kind regards.

E6B53EBD-F132-4B85-9DB0-4E3CE60EE886.jpeg

71CB88A2-A945-4EBE-B234-74B28021F6D9.jpeg

Hallo Tobias, yes the octagonal end is the same diameter, or should be. The ring is as a band on the etched part and has to be bent first. This is also not a major problem, because if you want to solder the ring together beforehand, you can also push it onto it from the front, i.e. from the thinner side. In front the diameter is only 4 mm. But in the course of the next week I will make my installation and document.
Many thanks for your interest.

This is a very interesting detail with the bowsprit of the Le Coureur.
The octagonal cross section at the aft side of the bowsprit was made that the bowsprit could be moved some meter on the deck, in order to reduce the tension on the bowsprit rigging

"3" is the bowsprit - octagonal section is marked red
Screenshot 2022-11-21 090951.png

bowsprit "out" with red arrow
bowsprit "on deck" with green arrow
Screenshot 2022-11-21 090906.png

This is a very interesting detail with the bowsprit of the Le Coureur.
The octagonal cross section at the aft side of the bowsprit was made that the bowsprit could be moved some meter on the deck, in order to reduce the tension on the bowsprit rigging

"3" is the bowsprit - octagonal section is marked red
View attachment 341745

bowsprit "out" with red arrow
bowsprit "on deck" with green arrow
View attachment 341744
Thanks Uwe for this highly interesting reference, I was wondering why the bowsprit is shown in 2 positions in Boudriot's plan.
Now I would like to show what I have done with the ring mentioned by Tobias, which is used to attach the bowsprit to the bow.

Coureur_20221121_1.jpg

Coureur_20221121_2.jpg

Coureur_20221121_3.jpg

Coureur_20221121_4.jpg

Back