Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

To be honest - and friends can be honest .... and I know very well that these guns are very small and filigran although in scale 1:48 (they are only 3-punders)

I do not like it - I can not show it better, because I did not make them until now on my Coureur, but I personally would not be happy with the result

Coureur_20221018_1.jpg Coureur_20221018_2.jpg

First I would look for alternatives for blocks and also the rigging ropes on the aftermarket
Check for blocks f.e. the one from Zoly - here you can find 2 and 3mm blocks which should be correct size for the tackles. (please check the size)

and also use some other rope material - maybe here also from @Dry-Dock Models & Parts or from Ropes of Scale or others - In Germany we have also a rope supplier (sorry just forgot the contact....)

You will see, that with other material your tackles will look already 200 % better

I was also think about of a tackles not showing the guns "ready for action" but "fixed for heavy sea" - With this, especially because of the very short distance between the single and double block you will get maybe once more 50%
Cazador_Chebec_Peter_540x.jpg

Just my personal subjective opinion without any offense

BTW: The breeching rope should be definitely under the gun tackle

Hi Adi,

I found it impossible to rig the guns in place. I made a little jig and did as much as I could off the ship and then transferred the nearly complete gun into position. Not sure if this is still possible for you or not?
I think also, that this is the best way - so the eyebolts at the rail should be installed before at the rope (at the gun)
and when the complete tackling is finished on the gun (breeching and tackle) - the complete ensamble will be fixed on the deck and the eyebolts glued into the holes in the rail

To be honest - and friends can be honest .... and I know very well that these guns are very small and filigran although in scale 1:48 (they are only 3-punders)

I do not like it - I can not show it better, because I did not make them until now on my Coureur, but I personally would not be happy with the result

View attachment 335128 View attachment 335129

First I would look for alternatives for blocks and also the rigging ropes on the aftermarket
Check for blocks f.e. the one from Zoly - here you can find 2 and 3mm blocks which should be correct size for the tackles. (please check the size)

and also use some other rope material - maybe here also from @Dry-Dock Models & Parts or from Ropes of Scale or others - In Germany we have also a rope supplier (sorry just forgot the contact....)

You will see, that with other material your tackles will look already 200 % better

I was also think about of a tackles not showing the guns "ready for action" but "fixed for heavy sea" - With this, especially because of the very short distance between the single and double block you will get maybe once more 50%
View attachment 335127

Just my personal subjective opinion without any offense

BTW: The breeching rope should be definitely under the gun tackle
Thanks for your assessment, I will defiitely take it into consideration and do the installation again.

I agree with all comments above, great work on gun rigging, and perfect sizing per scale. But...I wouldn't be Jim if I don't point with your permission, a small sizing discrepancy. The quoin handle a bit oversized for the size of the quoin itself. Perhaps, this might be for my own taste.

1667588066587.png

I agree with all comments above, great work on gun rigging, and perfect sizing per scale. But...I wouldn't be Jim if I don't point with your permission, a small sizing discrepancy. The quoin handle a bit oversized for the size of the quoin itself. Perhaps, this might be for my own taste.

View attachment 338474
sorry Jim, are you referring to these?

Coureur_20221103_2.jpg

Back