Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

After the nice colleagues here persuaded me to start my own log, I decided to do so. After I was impressed by the accuracy of fit of the parts from the beginning, I started to remove the char layer.
Another possibility to grind the stuff gently and carefully was to use an elastic silicone polisher from Proxxon. That really worked.
Of course Iwork on tricky areas, like you do with the needle file.IMG_3190.jpgIMG_3191.jpgIMG_3192.jpgIMG_3193.jpg

Also from my side a welcome here in the active group - many thanks for starting your log.
Good idea with the silicone-drum -> I never tried this, but I will give it a try this evening

Now I would like to tell you about my small progress. I have out the frame parts on a copied plan as Uwe suggested, so that nothing can slip.
Then I glued the frame parts according to the markings. After drying. I removed the frames from the pattern and filed away the paper remnants of the copied plan.
Now I deal with the grinding an filing of the frames. Ihave decided to work on the outside and inside because I am not sure if I will be able to work on the inside of thr frame after the installation.Coureur_20201019_1.jpgCoureur_20201019_2.jpgCoureur_20201019_3.jpgCoureur_20201019_4.jpgCoureur_20201019_5.jpgCoureur_20201019_6.jpg

As you all know, filing takes a lot of time, so I always remember the three most important words in modelling, patience, patience an patience again.
Unfortunately I'm a bit slower here, since I'm still experimenting with the sails of my gaff sloup in addition to my job.
A result is in sight and I will report about it separately.
And thanks for your support.

Very good progress Adi - although with a bottle inside, you have already the form of a hull
You will see, when you install the frames on the keel - the fun is growing by 100%

Looking good Thumbsup and I see you have already prepared a bottle for the ceromony when the ship slides from the berth :) Or is it catering for the crew for the maiden voyage?
Apropos booze in the hold, in Norway - the land of moonshine - a destillery makes a 'schnapps', Line aquavit, which are being sailed for 4 months all over the world and the 7 seas before it is sold. The name is because it passing the line (equator) twice during the trip

Looking good Thumbsup and I see you have already prepared a bottle for the ceromony when the ship slides from the berth :) Or is it catering for the crew for the maiden voyage?
Apropos booze in the hold, in Norway - the land of moonshine - a destillery makes a 'schnapps', Line aquavit, which are being sailed for 4 months all over the world and the 7 seas before it is sold. The name is because it passing the line (equator) twice during the trip
Both Poul, both, ship christening and maiden voyage. But that with the Linie Aquavit is also a great thing, this noble stuff sails once for free around the world, while we have to pay dearly this trip.

Before building the stern I studied several times the quite good explanations of all blog friends who already much further. Especially Uwe's detailed work that ends wih the realization that he has found a way to come to a good result. maybe someone will find another..... ;)
Looking at the CAF build instructions, I noticed that only cradle part A9 is supposed to be enough to build the tail section.
Coureur_20210115_1.jpg

After taking a closer look at all the individual parts and their interaction, I came to the conclusion that this should be possilble.
Set the keel into the base plate, part A9 behind it.....nasty surprise, the tolerance devil has struck.
Doesn't look good, so fill it up.
Coureur_20210108_1.jpg
before...after...
Coureur_20210108_2.jpg

Now prepared the individual parts, with the same realization as Uwe, the center piece will be too wide, so sand evenly.

Coureur_20210112_2.jpg

Coureur_20210112_5.jpg

Next, I temporarily assembled the rear part of the cradle to attach the center section of the stern to the keel using part A9.

Coureur_20210113_1.jpg

Then I realized that laser cut part 12 is flat and not curved like parts 13-1 and 13-2. Then parts 6 and 7 would have to fit neatly and flatly in there to then insert part 13-2. This is exactly how it worked then.

Coureur_20210113_2.jpg
Coureur_20210114_1.jpg

Now the rest almost follows itself. Finally, the "bullhorns" are added. That was a bit tricky, but it worked well and fit.
I think I can be satisfied with the result.

Coureur_20210115_3.jpg
Coureur_20210115_4.jpgCoureur_20210115_2.jpg

Back