LE COUREUR - french Lugger 1776 - POF kit from CAF in 1:48 by Uwe

One important remark related to a later working step, which I realized

In sketch 75 and 87 are the bitts shown with part number 5B-1 and 3C-1
IMG-5239.jpg IMG-5240.jpg

These parts are not only installed on top of the deck (like visible in the manual) - NO - we have a POF-model to build, so the bitts are going down into the hold.
To install these parts after the ships deck is installed would be much too late, so we have to prepare the installation already when we prepare the interior walls under the deck beams

Here you can see the parts of the bitts and the interior walls, where they have to be installed
IMG-5230.jpg

IMG-5228.jpg

IMG-5229.jpg

Therefore we have to make later on openings in the deck planking - please keep this in mind

finally I finished also the last interior wall with the two doors to the main room - so my ship will represent the english version (what we discussed some days ago.
BTW - all metal works like hinges, door knobs or the rings for the hatches I will do later on during the final fixing of all the interior elements

sorry for the bad quality of photos
IMG-5244.JPG

IMG-5243.jpg

IMG-5245.jpg

With this the main parts of the interior are finished and prepared

BTW: I wanted to show also my little mess in my workshop - I hope to make some order and clean up during the holidays

IMG-5251.jpg

IMG-5252.jpg

IMG-5253.jpg

Before christmas I will not post any update any more - so on this way

I wish everybody of .... and interested in our group build

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Keep care and stay healthy - and enjoy the days with the family

OOOOPS, in an unobserved moment my itching finger pressed the "order" button at CAFs.
Paypal did its work properly and so delivery is announced for 29th of December.
But with customs and holydays maybe some days later.

I am looking forward to building this kit!
But in the next days I have to clean the mess at my working place too ;)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Christian

uwe it looks familar, just finished cleaning and making room for new build BLUENOSE, YOUR WORK HAS INSPIRED ME ALONG WITH TOMS 3-D TO DO THE LE COURER FIRST WILL STAR AFTER NEW YEARS,,,, PLEASE STAY SAFE AND MAY GOD GRANT YOU AND YOURS A SAF, AND HEALTHY HOILIDAYS AND MAY HE ALSO BRING A MUCH, MUCH BETTER NEW YEAR IN SO MANY ASPECTS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

OOOOPS, in an unobserved moment my itching finger pressed the "order" button at CAFs.
Paypal did its work properly and so delivery is announced for 29th of December.
But with customs and holydays maybe some days later.

I am looking forward to building this kit!
But in the next days I have to clean the mess at my working place too ;)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Christian
Very good move - I like it also very much to make myself christmas gifts ;)
The kit is worth every single cent

Today I want to show the overview of the interior works of the Le Coureur - you will get a good impression
-> the last photos before I removed all the interior elements, so I can start to remove the hull out of the jig
as mentioned before: no element is fixed to the hull - everything is fitting very well - Great work and preparation by CAF @CAFmodel

IMG-5233.jpg

IMG-5235.jpg

IMG-5234.jpg

IMG-5236.jpg

IMG-5237.jpg

Everything is removed and stored temporary in a box - so the hull of the Le Coureur is empty now

all floors and interior walls and bulkheads of the lugger / lugre
IMG-5249.jpg

small parts and beams
IMG-5250.jpg

In order to keep stability I fixed two stronger beams and some smaller deck beams with some small spots of glue

IMG-5254.jpg

First I tried to remove the hull gentle from the jig upwards - but after some time I decided to use the wrecking ball
And I removed the jig from the hull -somehow like egg peeling

IMG-5255.jpg

IMG-5256.jpg

Here you can see also the frame 35 sitting on the correct height - as a short comment to post #76 of @ot1138 building log
IMG-5257.jpg

A ship is born
IMG-5258.jpg

IMG-5259 (1).jpg

IMG-5260.jpg

That looks great! I am having issues with some of the frames being a bit out of place.

Does it feel strange to be able to hold the ship in your hands? Feels really, really light to me.

I see that the fore half of your ship is sitting well above the mounting surface. What are your thoughts on this? Any plans to shave out the frame as I did, so that it sits flat?

In order to keep stability I fixed two stronger beams and some smaller deck beams with some small spots of glue

View attachment 201922

First I tried to remove the hull gentle from the jig upwards - but after some time I decided to use the wrecking ball
And I removed the jig from the hull -somehow like egg peeling

View attachment 201923

View attachment 201924

Here you can see also the frame 35 sitting on the correct height - as a short comment to post #76 of @ot1138 building log
View attachment 201925

A ship is born
View attachment 201926

View attachment 201927

View attachment 201928
wunder!
meraviglioso!

Back