LE COUREUR - french Lugger 1776 - POF kit from CAF in 1:48 by Uwe

I found the correct wording for the teeth

On many clinker built craft, e.g. in Scandinavia, in Thames skiffs, and larger working craft like the coble, sawn frames are used, assembled from floors and top timbers, joggled to fit the lands. Sometimes the timbers in larger craft were also joggled before being steamed in.

Decades ago I built some of the Airfix 1/24 planes. Hard enough for me to add some small details.
Now my eyes will hardly see them ;)
I understand what you are talking about.
I wanted only to mention, that a hinge of 1,5mm at the CAF model has already a width of 3mm - and this can be an extreme difference

Starting with plank 12 down to 1 will produce other problems I think, so I could imagine that you have to produce a scratch plank 1 which fits towards plank 2 and the correct space and location to the keelson.

This is more or less the correct way. Start with planks 12-5, then work up from planks 1-4 and fill the missing gap with a custom plank. I've described this further in my build log.

Yes jim,
correctly seen!
I chamfered every long side of each board or plank with a sanding block - it is some work, but only with twoi three times going over the edge - It will look very good, latest when the timber is oiled - the same I made already with the interior walls of my Bonhomme Richard

View attachment 196787

-> It will look very good, latest when the timber is oiled

the same for the walls but also the deck planking I made already with the interior walls of my Bonhomme Richard

I did not blacken them
If you mean the endings of the planks? - this is not sanded and still some char from the laser

Uwe, I was wondering what you plan on finishing the inner planking and bulkheads with? Sounds like an oil of some type but wasn't sure if this was a translation issue.

I find wipe-on poly is ok but doesn't give a satisfying surface coat to my eyes.

Uwe, I was wondering what you plan on finishing the inner planking and bulkheads with? Sounds like an oil of some type but wasn't sure if this was a translation issue.

I find wipe-on poly is ok but doesn't give a satisfying surface coat to my eyes.
I am usually using tung oil or line oil

Comin back to the building of the interior elements of my model, so a short report on the small progress steps

as usual before I start I want to show the manual
IMG-5200.jpg IMG-5201.jpg

IMG-5202.jpg IMG-5204.jpg

IMG-5184.jpg

and here with the small bench in front of the sleeping compartment
IMG-5187.jpg

IMG-5191.jpg

IMG-5194.jpg

IMG-5195.jpg

IMG-5196.jpg

IMG-5190.jpg

IMG-5206.jpg

One important Remark:
To get the correct shape of these small interior walls it is absolutely necessary to use the deck beams as guidelines, so take as early as possible the sketch 63 into account - and prepare the beams
IMG-5071.jpg

The location of each beam is defined by the prepared notches in the clamps -> with the location of the beams also the location of the interior walls / bulkheads is defined -> and only with this you will know exactly how long in mm has to be your sleeping compartment

Hey Uwe, this is quite an interesting and highly detailed build log. The additional research that’s included here is very helpful and shows the level of precision and quality you put into your build. Since I’m fairly new to SOS are the group builds and models available even after the initial order? Cautious

Hey Uwe, this is quite an interesting and highly detailed build log. The additional research that’s included here is very helpful and shows the level of precision and quality you put into your build. Since I’m fairly new to SOS are the group builds and models available even after the initial order? Cautious
Usually they will stay and also open for new building logs in a later time. So when ever you buy or start the Coureur, we are happy to see your work in the group build......

hi uwe, i am definatly going with the le courer, before the alert my main concern are the frames i will do a sample to see what i need, one thing i need to get the files you described, THE PFERDONES THE SET YOU SUGESTED AMOZON IS OUT OF THEY DO HAVE A SET OF THE NO. 1 CUT, I THINK YOU SUGESTED THE NO 2 CUT, SHOULD I WAIT OR GET THE NO 1 CUT. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS STAY SAFE ALL DON

hi uwe, i am definatly going with the le courer, before the alert my main concern are the frames i will do a sample to see what i need, one thing i need to get the files you described, THE PFERDONES THE SET YOU SUGESTED AMOZON IS OUT OF THEY DO HAVE A SET OF THE NO. 1 CUT, I THINK YOU SUGESTED THE NO 2 CUT, SHOULD I WAIT OR GET THE NO 1 CUT. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS STAY SAFE ALL DON
No. 1 are also working very well - maybe the best choice
But also like @jeep mentioned already - also other sets are working well.
I am recommending Pferd, because it is an investment for a long time of modeling. If you order from Pferd, do not forget to order also one ore two file handles like this one:

No. 1 are also working very well - maybe the best choice
But also like @jeep mentioned already - also other sets are working well.
I am recommending Pferd, because it is an investment for a long time of modeling. If you order from Pferd, do not forget to order also one ore two file handles like this one:
Hi Uwe,
Sorry to clog up your log with this but it seems Pferd is no longer manufacturing C1 diamond files. Or am I looking in the wrong place? I only see C0 and C2... Can you provide a link to what you are recommending?
Paul

Hi Uwe,
Sorry to clog up your log with this but it seems Pferd is no longer manufacturing C1 diamond files. Or am I looking in the wrong place? I only see C0 and C2... Can you provide a link to what you are recommending?
Paul
It is not the Pferd diamond files, I am using the Pferd CORRADI-needle files

Back