LE COUREUR - french Lugger 1776 - POF kit from CAF in 1:48 by Uwe

Hello Uwe,

A beautiful build, that's for sure!
Hope you don't mind asking, but looking at the upper deck layout, how would the crew be able to handle the first and second starboard cannon, with the (life)boat stored in the shown position?

Kind regards,

Johan
Hallo Johan,

you are correct - therefore Jean Boudriot was writing in hie monograph of the Le Coureur

IMG-7449.jpg

IMG-7436.jpg

Many Thanks for all your kind words and likes received.

Yesterday my little daughter Noémi visited me in my workshop - she wanted to restart her project with the ball path she started some months ago.
And off course I showed her proudly the status of the Le Coureur - her only words were a very short "Nice" (as I know her well, she wanted only to be friendly with Papa, but is not really interested in it)
- ok, I have to accept, that in the moment she will not get a ship modeler ....... but maybe in one year or two ..... let us see

IMG-8062.jpg

IMG-8066.jpg

Yesterday my little daughter Noémi visited me in my workshop - she wanted to restart her project with the ball path she started some months ago.
And off course I showed her proudly the status of the Le Coureur - her only words were a very short "Nice" (as I know her well, she wanted only to be friendly with Papa, but is not really interested in it)
- ok, I have to accept, that in the moment she will not get a ship modeler ....... but maybe in one year or two ..... let us see

View attachment 272204

View attachment 272205
Your beautiful daughter already working on a kit project. Not a ship yet but it is a good start.

View attachment 272204

View attachment 272205
Give it a few years and then it's like father, like daughter...
;)

I think the Coureur can be nicely integrated into her new ball path :cool: , or ..... not a good idea?

If she builds this now I see her scratch building the Sovereign of the Seas in two years. You will be surpassed by her Uwe.

Many thanks to all for your kind words about my small daughter
I am soooo proud - sorry, but once more completely off topic

Yesterday, in Germany and Austria (and I guess also in some other countries) at the 6th of December, the Saint Nikolaus is coming and bringing the children some fruits, nuts and suits. We had the luck, although it is still lockdown here in Vienna, to find the Nikolaus and invite him into our house.
My daughter, although already 8 years old, like to believe, that it was the "REAL" one

I am so proud
IMG-8185.jpg

Usually the children should, if they like, recite a poem, sing a christmas song or similar.... after a short hesitation, she played Piano, played her transverse flute and made a Poem - she was soooo nervous in front of the "REAL" Nikolaus
and I had tears in the eyes (you know some sandcorn or dust, definitely no feelings)

IMG-8181.jpg

Friends
- our children and grandchildren are growing so fast - Enjoy every single moment like this or others - enjoy every moment with the children

Last edited:
Friends
- our children and grandchildren are growing so fast - Enjoy every single moment like this or others - enjoy every moment with the children
I am signing on each and every word of the above statement. Enjoy being the parent\grandparent. Those are unique moments and opportunities given us by the G...d

Many thanks to all for your kind words about my small daughter
I am soooo proud - sorry, but once more completely off topic

Yesterday, in Germany and Austria (and I guess also in some other countries) at the 6th of December, the Saint Nikolaus is coming and bringing the children some fruits, nuts and suits. We had the luck, although it is still lockdown here in Vienna, to find the Nikolaus and invite him into our house.
My daughter, although already 8 years old, like to believe, that it was the "REAL" one

I am so proud
View attachment 274094

Usually the children should, if they like, recite a poem, sing a christmas song or similar.... after a short hesitation, she played Piano, played her transverse flute and made a Poem - she was soooo nervous in front of the "REAL" Nikolaus
and I had tears in the eyes (you know some sandcorn or dust, definitely no feelings)

View attachment 274093

Friends
So precious and I remember very well how our own daughter played the flute for pleasure and danced for a career. She started ballet at 7, obtained a BA degree in Dance and went on to dance with one of our major dance companies.

Unfortunately, injury, stress and disappointment ultimately took her away from us, along with her two children. But memories are powerful and we are still hopeful in our sunset years that they will find their way back to us...

We should all cherish every moment we have with our families. Our son and his boys are our saving grace. Sharing the sawdust in the eyes with you Uwe.

So precious and I remember very well how our own daughter played the flute for pleasure and danced for a career. She started ballet at 7, obtained a BA degree in Dance and went on to dance with one of our major dance companies.

Unfortunately, injury, stress and disappointment ultimately took her away from us, along with her two children. But memories are powerful and we are still hopeful in our sunset years that they will find their way back to us...

We should all cherish every moment we have with our families. Our son and his boys are our saving grace. Sharing the sawdust in the eyes with you Uwe.
Deeply touched by your daughter's story... This left me speechless.

Deeply touched by your daughter's story... This left me speechless.
Thanks for your thoughts. It has been a sad few years for us but we know she is well enough and her kids are getting a good upbringing so we just hope they come back to us before it's too late.
There's been a lot of 'sawdust in the eyes' over the years but lately it has mostly been from ship building and I am forever thankful for finding this Forum of like minded people who care for each other.

Thanks for your thoughts. It has been a sad few years for us but we know she is well enough and her kids are getting a good upbringing so we just hope they come back to us before it's too late.
There's been a lot of 'sawdust in the eyes' over the years but lately it has mostly been from ship building and I am forever thankful for finding this Forum of like minded people who care for each other.
We had a falling out with one of our kids. As a result my better half hasn't hold her one year old granddaughter yet... Like you wrote: a lot of sawdust in our eyes. Luckily things are slowly starting to improve.

Back