Le Coureur

Very good work on the scratch waterway - the elements are fitting well -> I am looking forward to see your deck planking, you do not have to solve the adjustments with the deck planking, because you will make also the planking from scratch...... very good work

Just realized the spare rope you have in the hold - in this diameter (in scale) it would be a very heavy rope or cable, so it would not lay like now - it is looking unrealistic - I would try to correct here the way it is stored (in moment it is twisted and the end is wrapped around)
View attachment 272543

In the other photo we can see, that you use tidebond glue - in the past I used normal Sekundenkleber from Loctide, but since I have these tidebond -> they are 1000% better to use and best bonding. How is your experience with it? I am using usually "thick"......
Hello Uwe (laugh) the rope that was my wife, she said that it fits in well. It was a remnant of the rope that I used to fasten the load, I wanted to remove it for a long time. I saw the Titebond glue in a post by Maarten who recommended him very much. It was with the alert model and it was also about coloring the caulking. I only know the green one and can really recommend it, I've already seen it in red and blue labels, but I don't know the exact differences. The glue I use dries very quickly for about 5-7 minutes.

It is unbelievable what you see in daylight and the perfect irradiation, small glue residues, the different heights of the planks, the roughness of the wood although it is polished with abrasive wool and feels completely smooth. Dreadful.:eek:

Last edited:
It is unbelievable what you see in daylight and the perfect irradiation, small glue residues, the different heights of the planks, the roughness of the wood although it is polished with abrasive wool and feels completely smooth. Dreadful.:eek:
I think that is exactly what makes a model "real" and authentic. You have done a beautiful job of the deck planking up to this point - I love the different wood colors.

Thank you Heinrich and Adi. I didn't mean it negatively either, that I didn't like it. I photograph a lot and love the natural play with shadow and sun. By the post I just meant how extreme the difference between artificial light and the sun is. It's always amazing.

Very good work on the rudder - very good work
I do not know, if you fixed already the hinches on the rudder blade? The top one should be some mmm deeper

Very good work on the rudder - very good work
I do not know, if you fixed already the hinches on the rudder blade? The top one should be some mmm deeper
Unfortunately everything is already fixed Uwe. I made the following mistake: 3 marks, 2x milled above and once turned the model to have a better hold and it was too late to mill above the mark. In that I turned the model, I should have milled underneath. Now it is too late.

Very good work with the windlass and planking - looking very good
I like your way you made the open and closed deck-areas
I am looking forward to see our three Coureurs (Adis, yours and mine) close to each other next March in Augsburg
Three times the same ship, but all three are in all the details slightly different - GREAT

Very good work with the windlass and planking - looking very good
I like your way you made the open and closed deck-areas
I am looking forward to see our three Coureurs (Adis, yours and mine) close to each other next March in Augsburg
Three times the same ship, but all three are in all the details slightly different - GREAT
I completely agree with Uwe and looking forward to seeing all 3 Coureurs live.

You doing a fine job on the planking and treenailing! Personally, I love to mix pearwood and lighter materials when planking the deck, it gives to a deck a little personality, thought. I have a question for you about treenails: you are making a different treenails directions pattern starting from the king's plank. Is it from plans or your personal interpretation? ;)

Back