Le Coureur

Hallo Jim, ich bin hier nicht Boudriots Plänen verlieren. Es ist meine persönliche Interpretation, da es mir besser gefällt. Für die Beplankung habe ich Elsbeere und Ahorn verwendet.

English translation:
Hi Jim, I'm not losing Boudriot's plans here. It is my personal interpretation as I like it better. I used service tree and maple for the planking.

5546C48A-E512-4896-9FFA-D63990CEFD3A.jpeg

Hallo Jim, ich bin hier nicht Boudriots Plänen verlieren. Es ist meine persönliche Interpretation, da es mir besser gefällt. Für die Beplankung habe ich Elsbeere und Ahorn verwendet.
Thank you for your prompt response, Tobi. I have translated it to English and Google translated Elsbeere as a Service tree, but I know it is similar to Pearwood and commonly used among German modelers. :)

Elsbeere is often wrong named "swiss pear", but should be translated like Jim mentioned as wild service tree, or

Sorbus torminalis, with common names wild service tree, chequers, and checker tree, is a species of tree in the mountain ash or rowan genus (Sorbus) of the rose family (Rosaceae), that is native to Europe, parts of northern Africa and western Asia.

Your treenailing is looking very good

It is unbelievable what you see in daylight and the perfect irradiation, small glue residues, the different heights of the planks, the roughness of the wood although it is polished with abrasive wool and feels completely smooth. Dreadful.:eek:
Hi Tobias, your work looks very good but if you think your deck is not flat enough you should not sand with abrasive wool but scrape it with a razor blade and then polish it afterwards.
Steel wool polishes but will not flatten the surface or remove unequal height of planks.

Stil I think your work looks very nice and a macro picture will even show scratches on the surface of a polished diamond.

Hallo Tobias, deine Arbeit sieht sehr gut aus, aber wenn du der Meinung bist, dass dein Deck nicht flach genug ist, solltest du nicht mit Schleifwolle schleifen, sondern mit einer Rasierklinge abkratzen und anschließend polieren.
Stahlwolle poliert, aber wird die Oberfläche nicht glätten oder ungleiche Höhen der Dielen entfernen.

Trotzdem finde ich deine Arbeit sehr schön und ein Makrobild zeigt sogar Kratzer auf der Oberfläche eines polierten Diamanten.
First of all, thank you Maarten for your praise. It doesn't really bother me. Yes, scraping with the blade is a great idea, but when building it I made the mistake of installing various details that protrude into the air and now it would get in the way everywhere. As mentioned earlier in the post, I could only notice the extreme difference between artificial light and sunlight.

Maarten enjoy skiing in the French Alps and I'm looking forward to your ice block at the ALERT.;)

Last edited:
Elsbeere is often wrong named "swiss pear", but should be translated like Jim mentioned as wild service tree, or

Sorbus torminalis, with common names wild service tree, chequers, and checker tree, is a species of tree in the mountain ash or rowan genus (Sorbus) of the rose family (Rosaceae), that is native to Europe, parts of northern Africa and western Asia.
Wonder how Elsbeere got confused with Birnbaun?
BTW: Elsbeere sounds a lot more pleasing to the ear than its Danish name: Tarmvridsrøn (corresponding to something like this in German: 'Darmverschlussberesche'. In English something like: 'twisted bowel rowan'). Why? you might ask. Because the fruits was in the past used as a treatment for ileus. Bad idea though . . even though it may indeed successfully and permanently cure any disease whatsoever since the fruits contains a decent amount of hydrogen cyanide

BTW: Elsbeere sounds a lot more pleasing to the ear than its Danish name: Tarmvridsrøn (corresponding to something like this in German: 'Darmverschlussberesche'. In English something like: 'twisted bowel rowan'). Why? you might ask. Because the fruits was in the past used as a treatment for ileus. Bad idea though . . even though it may indeed successfully and permanently cure any disease whatsoever since the fruits contains a decent amount of hydrogen cyanide
and the Elsbeere Schnaps is very expensive - usually 200 Euro per 0,3 ltr bottle.
One of the most expensive woods and also expensive grapes.
Birne - translated into pear is completely different timber, looking similar, especially if the pear is steamed, but .....
and also "swiss pear" is no Elsbeere - often it is normal pear but steamed......

Das sind "große" Speigatts..... schöne Sammlung
Was meinst du mit Uwe? Die Runden haben einen Durchmesser von 1 und 1,2 mm und das kleinste Quadrat ist 2 x 2 mm groß. Ich weiß noch nicht, ob ich die Speigatts mache. Ein gewisser Respekt vor dieser Arbeit. Ich denke, ich werde es versuchen.

In its Latin name Sorbus torminalis is the word abdominal pain (torminalis). But not because the fruits of the Elspberry are inedible, but quite the contrary. The small dark red berries help against dysentery and other diseases in the gastrointestinal area.

Was meinst du mit Uwe? Die Runden haben einen Durchmesser von 1 und 1,2 mm und das kleinste Quadrat ist 2 x 2 mm groß. Ich weiß noch nicht, ob ich die Speigatts mache. Ein gewisser Respekt vor dieser Arbeit. Ich denke, ich werde es versuchen.
In the closeup photo the square are looking big compared to the round ones, especially the two on the right side.
you should try the scuppers - it is in my opinion and additional detail which is possible to add. The biggest problem is the pre-rilling in a correct angle, so that you have at the deck th lower edge of scupper at the top of the deck planking and outside at the lower side of the first plank just over the wales.
I drilled from both sides to be as much as possible accurate on the visible area. At the end by scuppers have slightly different angles and not all are going from inside in one piece to the outside. I think I have two which are in reality two pieces, so only fake. I hope you understood, what I wanted to explain.....

In the closeup photo the square are looking big compared to the round ones, especially the two on the right side.
you should try the scuppers - it is in my opinion and additional detail which is possible to add. The biggest problem is the pre-rilling in a correct angle, so that you have at the deck th lower edge of scupper at the top of the deck planking and outside at the lower side of the first plank just over the wales.
I drilled from both sides to be as much as possible accurate on the visible area. At the end by scuppers have slightly different angles and not all are going from inside in one piece to the outside. I think I have two which are in reality two pieces, so only fake. I hope you understood, what I wanted to explain.....
Uwe understood everything, perfectThumbsup. The two on the right are also larger than 5x5 mm and 8x8m as well as two sheets of 0.3 and 0.5mm which I need for the Amarante just bought everything together.

Jetzt sind die Ferien vorbei und ich komme zurück, um an Le Coureur zu arbeiten. In den letzten Tagen habe ich die Masthülsen vorbereitet und heute verbaut. Weiterhin geht es ein wenig auf der hinteren Decksbeplankung weiter und ich beginne auch mit der inneren Beplankung auf dem Vorderdeck. Bei einigen Recherchen habe ich immer nur Modelle gesehen, die keine komplette Beplankung zwischen den Geschützöffnungen zeigten, dh sie ist in Gérards Plänen auch offen gezeichnet und so versuche ich dies aufzugreifen und umzusetzen. Ich werde wahrscheinlich ein oder zwei Versuche brauchen. Guten Abend bis bald.
66B1CAA7-8441-4039-B622-60FADA52141E.jpeg

B2A4F34E-1525-42F3-B04A-AF81B9CCAE57.jpeg

4AAD17A2-0FCD-4FA3-8CE0-771EEE96F59B.jpeg

B66D121E-891C-4424-99BB-EA4209E7DBEF.jpeg

908C96E0-1D0F-4965-B89D-B5883B6409DE.jpeg

Back