Le Coureur

Looking good - I guess you will make the nails close to the gunports when you have the final size of the gunport, or?

GReat news with your new shipyard - and you are able to organize the working place(s) according your needs.
Keep us informed - we are also interested in the shipyard......
Crossing all fingers for a successful renovation

Good evening everyone, @Jimsky yes, proper planning is important, but when everything is ready and in use you quickly notice that one or the other could have been done better or differently. Today I finished the rest of the electrics and laid the floor, connected ceiling lights and now it's time for the day. The furniture construction starts tomorrow. A U-shape is planned with a work surface with a height of 1100mm and a length of 3700mm, the rest is 900mm. A magnetic board, etc. :)

7D677B7B-C197-4DAD-8DCD-5540FB354587.jpeg

Hi Jim, that's a good question. I try to put my thoughts into words. The higher work surface is 1.1 meters and is intended to serve as a planning and construction area, 1.1 m for the reason of being able to work while standing, which is easy on the back. The other height is still 0.95 m and will be a kind of desk, the narrower side is the machine area, where my small milling machine can be found and later the second, slightly larger one. The lathe is placed on the far right in order to have a better view of the working tools, the lower height. I hope I was able to explain it clearly.

It is looking like a well organized workshop - very good progress
I guess you will make some additional lights over the tables - so not having the shaddow by yourself (in moment you have "only" lights in the center of the room)
BTW: I realized, that you already changed your avatar !!! You have now the Egyptienne - it is also one dream by myself to make her in scratch ........

Hello Uwe, you are absolutely right about the lighting, only the basic lighting is important for the working area in the middle. There will be a working table (movable). As for L'Egyptinne, this will have to wait a few more years because after Le Coureur, L'Amarante will be tackled first.

Hi Tobias, your new workshop looks perfect. The pipe for the vacuum system is an excellent idea, think I will take that one and use it for my own workshop. Allways have small proxxon machines on the table using this 32 mm connection and this is the perfect solution, plug and play.

Back