Le Coureur

The scuppers are looking very good - keep in mind that the last one has a slightly bigger diameter, because of the pumps

Thanks for the reminder Uwe, I've ordered a slightly larger square tube 3x3mm. I would have liked it to be rectangular, 2x3mm, but I can't find the right sides. So far I've shopped at Conrad Electronics and found a better site, I believe Frank Modellbau has a larger selection but no rectangular tubes either.

Thanks for the reminder Uwe, I've ordered a slightly larger square tube 3x3mm. I would have liked it to be rectangular, 2x3mm, but I can't find the right sides. So far I've shopped at Conrad Electronics and found a better site, I believe Frank Modellbau has a larger selection but no rectangular tubes either.
I had the same problem at this time - so I think nobody knows exactly the form of the scupper used at the Coureur, also not Boudriot when i made the drawings - square is ok

I'm catching up with Your log as well.
Nice work so far. I like the maple deck, gives it a little bit of contrast overall.

And a cozy, well organized shop that you have there. I'm constantly reorganizing and still can't keep it organized well. It always turns out to be a new mess ROTF

I'm catching up with Your log as well.
Nice work so far. I like the maple deck, gives it a little bit of contrast overall.

And a cozy, well organized shop that you have there. I'm constantly reorganizing and still can't keep it organized well. It always turns out to be a new mess ROTF
Dan, thank you very much, yes, the shipyard thing is one of those things, I don't think it will ever be finished. ROTF

It can be easily square - Boudriuot is showing the scupper partly covered by the wale

View attachment 289937

Yes, Uwe, you're right, it's very difficult to say exactly whether it's a rectangle or a square, a tendency towards a rectangle.

Found this...don't know if its available to you or has the sizes you're looking for...

Screenshot_20220210-073317_Chrome.jpg

Hi Phil, I checked out the site, prices for brass seem very expensive in the US plus there would be freight if shipped to Germany at all. Anyway thanks again Phil.

Such a small step is done again. The scuppers on the port side are installed.
DB5CAC04-2492-4084-8BA8-939E453DAF4A.jpeg

A4659935-0CC7-4918-9F6C-21EC86DF230F.jpeg

C5B5E213-7067-404A-B48F-FE39465A72FB.jpeg

I have a question about the guns? Am I right that there were two types of guns on the Le Coureur, namely 2 3-pound guns in front and 6 2-pound guns. I am attaching two pictures of the monograph.

216E20AD-B61F-4A57-8D6D-D9AF2A69A3AC.jpeg

63AA724C-B3D9-445D-89A1-DA975D96550B.jpeg

I have a question about the guns? Am I right that there were two types of guns on the Le Coureur, namely 2 3-pound guns in front and 6 2-pound guns. I am attaching two pictures of the monograph.

Correct - this was the original armament of the Le Coureur when she was french (tables from Three-decks)

Unbenannt.JPG

after her capture by the british the armament changed and she received 8 times 4pdr guns

Unbenannt1.JPG

If we take it very seriously, with installation of the box in the hold and 8 identical guns on the deck, we are building the HMS COUREUR

I like your bolts with washers which fixed the cathead - how you made them?
It is everytime nice to see the dog sleeping next to you - when they sleep, they are not chewing any wooden parts of the model ;)

I like your bolts with washers which fixed the cathead - how you made them?
It is everytime nice to see the dog sleeping next to you - when they sleep, they are not chewing any wooden parts of the model ;)

Hello Uwe, I use a brass sheet with a thickness of 0.2mm. Then I pre-punch and drill the hole. For punching I use a hole punch for leather found at Amazone. Then I punch all the way through.94F3E682-6B5E-4B9D-BA95-AF7E4863BCDD.jpeg

Back