Le Redoutable 1/48

Nothing new, .....
a lot - much more clean and accurate frames are in place
How do they fit in the jig? Everything like you expected?
A very satisfying (for you) photograph perspective - a great photo in my opinion........
I can not wait to see your model in May.....

Good and clever questions, Uwe. At the moment i am very satisfied with the progress and the result. There a some little things to fix. I have to recalibrate the jig on stern and the stem, for example. At this point its possible because nothing is glued. But there are only little things and ajustments. The lession-learned-project La Belle was a great help to get a better skill for this kind of project. I think in two month the hull will be in a good shape for the meeting.

The bolt is a simple washer with a simple square. On my frames i use washer with 1,6mm diameter for the lower timber and 1,4mm diameter for the upper timber. To get it was a mission, a challenge. I did varous test with different techniques but if you need 2000 or 3000 you need a very good method. Finaly i tested this punching tool and it works very good. You have only to punch 2x the rings (outside and the hole) and put the squarebolt inside. Thats all. Its simple, but its cost a lot of time und meine Nerven to find out the correct way.

20220218_132451.jpg20220323_223324.jpg20220221_233325.jpg

The bolt is a simple washer with a simple square. On my frames i use washer with 1,6mm diameter for the lower timber and 1,4mm diameter for the upper timber. To get it was a mission, a challenge. I did varous test with different techniques but if you need 2000 or 3000 you need a very good method. Finaly i tested this punching tool and it works very good. You have only to punch 2x the rings (outside and the hole) and put the squarebolt inside. Thats all. Its simple, but its cost a lot of time und meine Nerven to find out the correct way.

View attachment 300862View attachment 300860View attachment 300861
Very interesting and a great solution - many thanks for showing us this method
Great - I will try this method definitely

I've used these punch and die sets many times. The problem is lining the disc up for the punch of the hole. How are you doing this ? the bolts the square ones are square brass stock ? How are you forming the head of the bolt ?

@ Steef66, for special tools like this, there are not many dealers here in Norway, thanks for the tip, here in Oliver's nice building log.

Back