Le Redoutable 1/48

Thanks to all for the interest in my project.
Tobias, staff member! For me new! But a good choice, i think. Congratulations.
Shota, yesterday i was sitting on my terrace and i tought about your and Uwes visit last year. Good memories.
my dear friend Oliver
the visit to your home together with Uwek and the conference in Augsburg were unforgettable and most enjoyable also thanks to the most charming hospitality.
I also tell to my colleagues about the great experience I had with you and all the friends. :)Coffee
I will be happy to meet again next year at one of the conferences planned near Geneva/Lozan on October 24

Thanks to all for all the likes and positive comments.

@Uwek Good that you have an eye on the details. Its everytime good to check other opinions!
But why do you think that they folded out?

Why in?
I found a lot of contemporary drawings that shows a removed light. Removed or "maybe" folded in. Folded out i never view.
But maybe exists, i dont know.
A drawing on Page 46, Second book, of Jean Boudriots V74 shows a folded in window. Thats why i decide to go this way.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for all the likes and positive comments.

@Uwek Good that you have an eye on the details. Its everytime good to check other opinions!
But why do you thing that they folded out?

Why in?
I found a lot of contemporary drawings that shows a removed light. Removed or "maybe" folded in. Folded out i never view.
But maybe exists, i dont know.
A drawing on Page 46, Second book, of Jean Boudriots V74 shows a folded in window. Thats why i decide to go this way.
It was just a feeling.... sorry
and it seems that you are right - just found a photo of the frigate replica of the hermione - definitely inside

lhermione-stern-jost-houk.jpg

btw: from inside I made some photos, but can not see exactly how the window is fixed folded to inside

Thank you very much for all the feedback.

@Uwek
Another famous example for the window.

View attachment 389856
Many thanks for showing us this famous model of the Egyptienne.
In the meantime I am convinced, that the windows would swing inside, because they had a chance to fix the window in a certain angle, maximum horizontal on the roof of the cabin - swing to outside would need a mechanism with sticks etc. -> I am convinced :oops:
Interesting also the false windows at the sides - my Coureur has them all over the stern......
Thanks for showing us this detail

I spent the last days before the well-deserved summer holiday making new clamps. Unfortunately, due to the narrow frame spacing incl. bolt heads, I could no longer use my clamps from the
La Belle. So new ones were needed. With the focus on subsequent projects, I oversized them a lot. I could now also build a Valmy in 1/48 with them (actually a nice project).
I will also make new clamps for the bow area. But there I will copy the La Belle principle 1:1, because they worked great there. I will show this in detail when it is ready.

20230822_212942.jpg20230822_214112.jpg20230822_214954.jpg20230822_215022.jpg

Beautiful work. I really like your build, your shop, and your tools! Handy to have a vacuuming assistant, too! Your plan work is great.. I'm learning 3D CAD because it is very useful. It's a great time to model. What a ship she'll be.

Back