Le Redoutable 1/48

what their exact name is and where you can purchase them. Thanks a lot shota
They are called The machinists' parallel clamps

Hello Shota, they are parallel screw clamps. I saw it on eBay but can't find the link anymore.

I was too slowI :D

They are called The machinists' parallel clamps

thanks Dear Jim :)

1643465353737.png
Good afternoon Oliver, I'm sorry, the keel position shouldn't be at a different angle from the baseline

Looks like a very stabile baseplate
- what happened within the first photo? we see, that you "dismantled" ......

Hi Oliver

Catching up with your work after my absence.Your joinery really is "next level".Only one word and it is a word I seldom use AWESOME !!

Hairs stand up on the back of my neck in anticipation of watch this model come together.

Just one question, why the small scale ?ROTFROTFROTFOnly Kidding....

Kind Regards

Nigel

@Thanks all for the nice comments

Just one question, why the small scale ?ROTFROTFROTFOnly Kidding....

@NMBROOK
The 60 cm from my La Belle in 1/36 was to much. Traumatized from the size, for me was clear, i have to go smaller.... :(
ROTFROTFROTFROTF

There was really a lot of investigations to build the Le Redoutable in 1/36 but the winds wasn´t good for this size. I think its the perfect scale to show the details, but not until the last mousehole. 1/48 is a compromise in all, because a lot of things you can´t show. Maybe not so bad, you don´t waste time with a lot of details....
But even in 1/48 the Hull is 1,35m without Bowsprit.
-On important point for me is the handling in the shop. Change the position from the jig, flip the jig. I need a second person for this, even in 1/48. The jig is a beast !
-As well in the future, how do i get it out of the cellar ? The stair in my house big, but for 2m Model ?
-The workaround on the machines. A lot of parts are to big for the maschines, the clamps, the vices.... sometimes in 1/48 its an art to handel it.
-The Queen of the House only waits for a 1/36 model for the leaving room !!!!! Get a future place for the Redoutable, which is rigged as well ~1,60m. is a war.
And the war isn´t yet won !!!!

Finally, there was a lot of good reasons to swap to smaller scale for such o big vessel.
Nigel, i hope its all right with you and i am happy to follow the next steps on your project. Your work and your methods are awesome, the results are another level.
You have to continue !

Back