Le Requin by Zhl - MY FIRST POF MODEL

Alessandro, grazie per tutte le informazioni.
As for the aging processes, I think exactly the same as you, it's necessary to use natural products and always respect the characteristics of each material ( wood )
that is being treated. The result must to look natural, without exaggerations.
Continua a inviarci informazioni sul tuo lavoro !
Luiz Bruno Grassi
Sarà fatto! E' bello parlare italiano con un italobrasiliano su un sito americano:D:p

Great built... Congratulation. Question about aging in general. I would like to tap on your knowledge since I never did it.

I'm planning on a build using boxwood for the frame and deck as well as CNC decorations.
How do you age, which products are you using?
How do you achieve different level of hue (i.e. lighter in some area, while darker in others)?
Anything I would be careful and/or concern?
Lastly, what is your approach to finally "lock" the result (again, which product are you using)?

Sorry for the beginner questions. This will be a first for me.

Great built... Congratulation. Question about aging in general. I would like to tap on your knowledge since I never did it.

I'm planning on a build using boxwood for the frame and deck as well as CNC decorations.
How do you achieve different level of hue (i.e. lighter in some area, while darker in others)?
Lastly, what is your approach to finally "lock" the result (again, which product are you using)?

I sympathize with your predicament. In my case I have little leftover paint to use for testing and the expense of buying multiple colors and shades is intimidating to my budget. At the same time I want the best finish for the model I've spent hundreds of hours building. There is very little in the way of teaching processes and techniques available online. This site and the kind altruistic gentlemen members are the only reason I have been able to build my kit.
I hope someone comes through and guides you as they have done for me.
Actually, it is quite amazing the amount of time and effort the other site members have and will spend to assist a complete stranger.
Best regards,
Ted

Usually different hues are a natural effect of wood, especially with porous essences. It is all about experience and tests: I always make different tests before treating the surface untill I reach the result I want. The Help section is plenty of suggests and tips, take a look at it.

I sympathize with your predicament. In my case I have little leftover paint to use for testing and the expense of buying multiple colors and shades is intimidating to my budget. At the same time I want the best finish for the model I've spent hundreds of hours building. There is very little in the way of teaching processes and techniques available online. This site and the kind altruistic gentlemen members are the only reason I have been able to build my kit.
I hope someone comes through and guides you as they have done for me.
Actually, it is quite amazing the amount of time and effort the other site members have and will spend to assist a complete stranger.
Best regards,
Ted
This site is serious and useful, anyway the web is plenty of informations available to everyone, they are just waiting for those who are willing to spend a bit of time to search and this site too is plenty of links to other sites.;)

Usually different hues are a natural effect of wood, especially with porous essences. It is all about experience and tests: I always make different tests before treating the surface untill I reach the result I want. The Help section is plenty of suggests and tips, take a look at it.
It's seems I have completely overlooked the help section.
Thanks for the advice.
Ted

Back