Le Rochefort 1:36 build by Tony P

From experience, every 1/10th of a deviation is too much. It will catch up with you when you plank, and you will get one or more curves that can no longer be corrected. Personally, I would replace the frames, but that is only a recommendation since you are not satisfied. It is a big decision that you have to make.

From experience, every 1/10th of a deviation is too much. It will catch up with you when you plank, and you will get one or more curves that can no longer be corrected. Personally, I would replace the frames, but that is only a recommendation since you are not satisfied. It is a big decision that you have to make.
I’m still not certain what I’ll do. I’m not going to plank this hull, only a few and the very bottom and top or wale to demonstrate how it was planked. If I planned to plank I wouldn’t have done plank on frame. After it’s glued together and out of the jig the hull can be sanded and faired further, correct ? Also tapering the inside of the frames. Can I now trace with a pencil frame to frame for my taper ? I think I’ll try to taper inside and glue it all up together and see how it looks. If I’m still not happy I’ll start all over again

IMG_8261.jpeg

Tony you are on the right track it seems. Good progress.
Thanks. We shall see. If the keelson, fore and aft timber’s work out well I’ll be ok to continue. Question. How are you treating your hull ? Planked , half planked ? Interior finished in full or partial planking ?

Back