LONGBOAT for La Salamandre in 1:48 (CAF)

Nice work, Uwe!
I built the companion cutter a few weeks ago, and it's come out reasonably well. I bought the cutter and launch at the same time I bought Salamandre. The construction technique is the same as the launch, just a bit smaller. Will post a photo when I remember to take one!

Ted

Uwe, Have done a bit of fairing on the ribs? The reason I asked, is the ribs are so delicate\thin... Are the any laser marks for removing material from the ribs?

Nice work, Uwe!
I built the companion cutter a few weeks ago, and it's come out reasonably well. I bought the cutter and launch at the same time I bought Salamandre. The construction technique is the same as the launch, just a bit smaller. Will post a photo when I remember to take one!
Ted! Knowing the way you build, we would love to have a build log of both or at least a cutter. What do you think? @Uwek sorry for the spam...

Uwe and everyone else,
A couple of quick and poorly focused photos to show you the companion cutter to Uwe's longboat.
I put it together about a month ago.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos, as I was using it as a 'test run' for when I finally build the cutter for Kingfisher - looking at relationships, weaknesses, problem areas and so on.
I am fortunate in that I have the mould and two sets of boxwood timbers for the cutter that was kitted by Admiralty Models some time ago. They don't seem to supply it any more - possibly since they lost their timber supplier? Anyway, that is the cutter I shall be building for Kingfisher and for Salamandre.
Don't look at the quality of my build on this cutter - it is awful - Just slung together to give me answers. The CAF kit is actually very nice, and everything fits very well, and it should turn out to be a decent model when put together properly. Uwe is doing it properly, and it looks good.

TedIMG_8002.JPGIMG_8003.JPGIMG_8007.JPG

Back