Lowell Grand Banks Dory, Scale 1:24

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Here are the images of the completed model of Lowell Grand Banks Dory. The link to the actual build log is below.

600_4295.png
600_4290.png
600_4293.png
600_4289.jpg
600_4302.jpg
Untitled-1.png
VeslaIBochkipng.jpeg
Untitled-2.png

Thank you all! Happy Modeling!

Witaj
Piękna pracą podobają mi się liny w wiadrach wyglądają tak relistycznie. Pozdrawiam Mirek

Does not look like a beginner kit to me.
This kit is designed as a beginner's kit. The most challenging part, I would consider - planking. But, once you glue the Garboard plank, the rest shouldn't be difficult. Also, there number of videos and build logs online in addition to a comprehensive instruction manual. Yeah...there might be some challenges but mostly it should fun to build, IMHO.

Here are the images of the completed model of Lowell Grand Banks Dory. The link to the actual build log is below.

View attachment 420646
View attachment 420647
View attachment 420648
View attachment 420649
View attachment 420650
View attachment 420654
View attachment 420655
View attachment 420656

Thank you all! Happy Modeling!
A nice model of a dory, Jim. Hopefully you are now a bit infected with the 'Schooner Fishery' virus.
Regards, Peter

A nice model of a dory, Jim. Hopefully you are now a bit infected with the 'Schooner Fishery' virus.
Regards, Peter
I love fish, but fishing is not my thing. Fish at least twice a week for my meals. Bronzino is among my favorites
I am also in love with small fishing vessels.

Your Dory is gorgeous! I am just getting ready to start my 3rd Lowell. The first I did with classic colors, the 2nd I painted it to look weathered. Not sure what I will do with the 3rd, after I finish a couple of UGEAR trucks. Harold Payson (Dynamite) lived only a few doors down from us, and I am best friends of his nieces. I am sending her the one painted classic! Wish I had paid more attention when I was in Dynamite's shop growing up. My dad was a boat builder in his 20s & built his own lobster boat. After he retired, he built Monhegan skiffs for the local campsite--wish I had spent more time in his shop as a teen.

Last edited:
Back