Medieval Fortified Village

Thanx all ! Pouces vers le haut
@TechTrek
When I built the fortified gate, I calculated the counterweight so that the harrow could close properly. But it's a model, it has since been fixed.
The same goes for the heavy wooden doors reinforced with iron on the inside: they are really the right size and fit under the counterweight of the harrow without any problem.
To check it, I made these pictures before gluing the whole thing :View attachment 213668View attachment 213669View attachment 213670View attachment 213671View attachment 213672

@pianoforte : Yes, I know Guédelon and Vezelay well: I have been there several times. And in many other places with medieval sites or towns, the list would be too long! :cool:
I was there several times also. I like it very much.

iT is realy amazing - so realistic
and having in mind the small scale - WOW

Some views of the outskirts of the village...
I wanted an entrance well integrated in the nature. It also allowed me to create a small tannery with its thatched roof.

I am getting closer to the ultimate step of this village: painting the edges of the pedestals in black.
In other words the end of this adventure! Before thinking about its extension...

One last info: the oven of the village has received its first pies and breads...

Waiting for the next boat!

Some views of the outskirts of the village...
I wanted an entrance well integrated in the nature. It also allowed me to create a small tannery with its thatched roof.

I am getting closer to the ultimate step of this village: painting the edges of the pedestals in black.
In other words the end of this adventure! Before thinking about its extension...

One last info: the oven of the village has received its first pies and breads...

Waiting for the next boat!

Every time I see this and your additions I am blown away. Can’t wait to see the movie that someone will make with this set.

Ekis nooooooo.... I need to see the entire village all put together. Don’t leave me hanging! :eek:
I am truly at a loss of words to compliment the extremely convincing details of village life and activities that you have brought into this long mission of passion and commitment for the time that it has taken you to arrive at this point. Every time that I look at a photo of some part of the village there are new details that are noticed and the well done crafting of those elements that you have executed. A gallery piece in each section that a view of the entire village would deserve a walk-through video. First Place MetalFirst Place MetalFirst Place MetalExclamation-MarkExclamation-MarkExclamation-MarkExclamation-MarkExclamation-MarkRich (PT-2) Retired Architect who recognizes historic buildings and elements in your village.

Your model is really amazing - I like all these small details - you can find every time new small highlights - and btw very good photographed :cool:
GREAT and many many thanks for sharing this work with us
and now the next adventure... :cool:
????
the harbour with ships or something else ?

the harbour with ships or something else ?
Yes, the harbour is planned, of course!
And precisely to do it I have to make the kogge that will be at the dock: it's a model that requires a complete construction before being integrated in a diorama.
But first of all I have to respond to a current order, and then maybe a knarr project that has been waiting for me for a long time.

In fact, a lot of things ! :cool:

Back