Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

appr. 20 sheets per hour - not so bad speed -> you will see, that with the time it will go faster

Which type of "plates" or producer are you using? Because we can see, that the show already the nails so I guess they are prefabricated.....
How are they fixed to the hull - with CA-glue like in your post #290?
Glue I use the same as in post 290

Sasha I can only repeat what others have said before, your work is excellent.

I am curious, is it copper or brass sheathing that is not permitted in competition? The company I used to work for was involved in the restoration of Cutty Sark.The hull is plated with Muntz metal which to look at, looks little different from Brass.

Kind Regards

Nigel
Nigel, thanks for your praise. This is brass trim. It's just that in my country they mostly use copper sheets. Therefore, I consulted with one of our famous modelers (Dmitry Shevelev), who sometimes judges at competitions. He confirmed to me that brass plating is allowed by the rules. I could not find copper plating in the same sheets. Previously, we sold it in model stores, the Amati company, but suddenly something went wrong, and now it is not for sale.:rolleyes:

Thankyou for your explanation Sasha.It makes sense that you should not loose marks for choosing brass over copper.I can name a few notable models built from Masters on your side of the world that chose to use brass over copper for aesthetic reasons alone.After all,the ships we model were built of Oak but we chose other timbers for aesthetic reasons and I see no difference.

Shame about the Amati tiles,I assume you mean the photo etch ones.I have five packs for a project and they are a very nice product

Kind Regards

Nigel

Uvek, these are ready-made plates from the Russian company Microdesign. They are cut to size and have imitation rivets on them.
Many thanks for the info:
Do they have a web-page? Maybe for the future a possible supplier.....
I found one page: is it this company?

Many thanks for the info:
Do they have a web-page? Maybe for the future a possible supplier.....
I found one page: is it this company?
Uwek, yes it is this company

Enjoy your journey! This partially scratch built Victory took me seven years to complete.

View attachment 308255

View attachment 308256

View attachment 308257
Your HMS Victory is looking very good, amybe it would be possible to show your model with a few more photos in this area with a separate topic.
I am pretty sure, that @Donnie would like to add it also to our Completed Models Showcase

and btw:
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hi Alexander. First of all i wish you a happy birthday Birthday-Cake .
I have read your build log and admire your excellent and rapid work. I have only started my first build and was pleased to see you too used wooden blocks to make the hull firm and more suitable for planking/ sheathing. I will follow your build log attentively.

С Днем Рождения, Саня!! Здоровья, счастья, и успехов в постройках моделей!
349658.gif

Back