Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

Very clean and tidy work Sasha, well done. A joy to follow. Of course, I see now why your work is so meticulous - looking beyond your perfect topmasts we get to see a work table lined up with precision to your floor boards below, which in turn are installed with a perfectly symmetrical butt-shift pattern :)

1653965078793.png

Today I finally finished the copper plating of the left side (upper 12 belts). I had to redo it a little - there was an error in the markup. I'll show you everything later.
Hi all. As promised earlier, I show the end of 12 belts on the port side.
20220601_141707.jpg
Now my rows have converged in the bow and stern and I continue on.

Further, the skin will go from the keel to these 12 belts. The work is moving. The process of bending the sheets on the keel and fitting them took a lot of time.
20220601_141713.jpg20220601_141725.jpg20220601_141801.jpg20220601_141819.jpg20220601_163825.jpg20220601_163831.jpg
Do not be confused by the joint of the sheets on the keel and stem. A false keel will be installed on top of the keel as in 4 photos, and at the end of the stem there will be a brass armor plate. So all these ugly joints will be hidden.

I was looking for a place in the house for a photo of a model, and now I found it ROTF ROTF ROTF . The ship looks like this today
View attachment 311891
Good evening Sasha- a beautiful Victory you are building. I am reading an interesting manuscript on the History of this ship. It is interesting to know that copper plates were only added many years after she was Originally built. Cheers Grant

Good evening Sasha- a beautiful Victory you are building. I am reading an interesting manuscript on the History of this ship. It is interesting to know that copper plates were only added many years after she was Originally built. Cheers Grant
Dear Grant, I am building a Victory at the time of the Battle of Trafalgar. Then she already was.
At the construction stage, the colors of the sides seemed to be black and white

Dear Grant, I am building a Victory at the time of the Battle of Trafalgar. Then she already was.
At the construction stage, the colors of the sides seemed to be black and white
Absolutely. She also had different gun, cannon configuration, and many other aspects prior to Trafalgar. Went through many changes during her time. A very interesting read.You are correct She was coppered prior to Trafalgar. I really enjoy your Victory. Cheers Grant

Further, the skin will go from the keel to these 12 belts. The work is moving. The process of bending the sheets on the keel and fitting them took a lot of time.
View attachment 311885View attachment 311886View attachment 311887View attachment 311888View attachment 311889View attachment 311890
Do not be confused by the joint of the sheets on the keel and stem. A false keel will be installed on top of the keel as in 4 photos, and at the end of the stem there will be a brass armor plate. So all these ugly joints will be hidden.
That does look like a lot of hard work Redface

Hi all. In the lining of the bottom I have a break for now. Finished plates. Ordered more while on the road. To date, 1430 plates have been laid.
In the meantime, I decided to deal with the equipment of the foreground of Mars. The first threads appeared on the model.
There are 12 blocks on the foreground below. 8 double-pulley (on my scale it is 3.5 mm, and 8 single-pulley (3 mm). These blocks are for wiring knocks and bulls of pride, blind and bom-blind braces.
I had to disassemble the mars a little, because the long-salings have a spruit with a thimble at the end, to which the main-bom-bram-stay will then be attached. Photo report attached
20220610_142015.jpg20220610_142034.jpg20220610_142047.jpg20220610_174229.jpg20220610_174235.jpg20220610_174247.jpg
Koush will need to be blackened later

Thanks friends. This work is really time consuming. Each plate must be carefully adjusted, especially in the bow and stern. In the sternpost area, I can’t decide how to make it more beautiful. Therefore, the plates are not yet glued. I'm going through different options.

Hello Sasha,
Beautiful work on the copper plating!
Maybe you already mentioned this before, but are you planning on leaving it "all shiny" or will the plating receive a more weathered finish?

Back