Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

I am starting a new project. The same customer provided me with a job again.
This will be the VICTORI model by Deagostini magazines.
The project is long-term, therefore, for a long time.
I will try to make a decent model out of it.
So, let's begin.
Hallo @Alexander74
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi all. And those who leave comments, and those who just drop in to see. Today I finally finished the copper plating of the left side (upper 12 belts). I had to redo it a little - there was an error in the markup. I'll show you everything later. But today is not about that. In parallel with the sheathing, I am engaged in the manufacture of spars. Made 3 topmasts and a forbram topmast. The total fore length was 73 cm. The mainsail will be slightly longer. General view on 1 photo. Further, some details and elements of the spars. I haven't finished all the details yet, so for now it's an intermediate stage.
20220523_110034.jpg20220523_110041.jpg20220523_110253.jpg20220523_110302.jpg20220523_110318.jpg20220523_110341.jpg20220523_110359.jpg

Beautiful clean work Sasha! Especially the hand hewn octagonal at the mast tops and base.
Daniel, hi. in fact, everything is quite banal. Blanks for the mast are octagonal. They are made by Sergey (Bibigon). From the bottom of the rail, I increased a little, and on the top, on the contrary, I stood a little and made an octahedron under a cone. Most of all you have to mess with the bram and bom-bram topmast. They are made from the same tree. First you need to make a square, then an octahedron, then a round part with a narrowing, then an octagon under a cone, again a square, again a round part. And at the end there is a cloak for a flag halyard. Here is such a motley design and all on one blank.

Hi all. And those who leave comments, and those who just drop in to see. Today I finally finished the copper plating of the left side (upper 12 belts). I had to redo it a little - there was an error in the markup. I'll show you everything later. But today is not about that. In parallel with the sheathing, I am engaged in the manufacture of spars. Made 3 topmasts and a forbram topmast. The total fore length was 73 cm. The mainsail will be slightly longer. General view on 1 photo. Further, some details and elements of the spars. I haven't finished all the details yet, so for now it's an intermediate stage.
View attachment 310709View attachment 310710View attachment 310711View attachment 310712View attachment 310713View attachment 310714View attachment 310715
WELL DONE, MATE

Hi Sasha,
Wonderful work. So very clean. Sometimes when I view build logs the simplest things pop out to me, such as the perfect alignment of the cleats on your bowsprit. These little details make all the difference. No matter where I look I see the great standard of a modeler who really cares about what they are doing.

Well done mate!
Ken

Back