Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

This is how I cut out the slats in the nose. But it turned out to be superfluous. This place will be covered by stringers. I'll show you later how it will look. And this place in the bow of the ship will be hidden by the upper deck.20210919_185403.jpg

Well, the result of the work for today. Almost finished the operdeck deck. Sandpaper a little. It remains to finish the rails near the sides, and in the stern area I will not fix it yet. There, the deck slats go onto the balcony, which I will not put up soon. Further on, I have in turn the frames of the cannon ports on the operdek, in those places where the guns will be visible. The rest of the ports will be closed (as planned). Work continues.20210919_210335.jpg20210919_210350.jpg

I thought a little here and thought that the frames of the gun ports should be made red. Colleagues, what can you say about this?
And yet, maybe someone has a photo with VICTORI's colors. I understand from the books that it changed 3 or 4 times. Then probably at the time of the Battle of Trafalgar. Outside, it seemed to be yellow with black stripes. And from the inside? What color are the bulwarks inside? Need your help.

Sasha, your work never ceases to amaze me. Bravo!

This is the second time I have heard you mention pear, is that the best wood to use?
Paul, in Russia, many models in Russia consider a pear with one of the best options for building models. It is not difficult to get and the model looks very beautiful. Look at my brigantine model "Phoenix" in the gallery. It is made of pear and black grab. Or deck on the yacht "Standard", it is also from a pear.

Hello everyone. I decided to finish the operdek deck aft. Reiki should go a little to the balcony. To position the deck planks, I glued a plank on the inside of the aft frame. The deck boards will lie on it.
20210922_195203.jpg
This is how it looks with a balcony fitting

20210922_195102.jpg

20210922_195117.jpg

Now I need to align all the hull lines and prepare the model for the skin. As has been said many times in different assemblies, it is best to check the smoothness of the contours with a rail. I took a rail with a thickness of 2 mm and 5 mm. On flat areas I apply a 5 mm rail, but if there is none, then you can attach another rail with an edge. It is desirable that it be at least 2 mm thick so that it does not bend. On the bow, stern and below the waterline contours, the rail must be applied with a plane. So it is more convenient and clearly visible where there are gaps, and where the humps remain. The first photo shows that I have a slight dip. I aligned the plane along the entire side.
20210923_204515.jpg
Here it is already exactly
20210923_204551.jpg
And these are the same reiki. On the rug it lies for smooth contours, and on the body there is a thick rail for straight lines. For straight lines, by the way, it is fashionable to use a metal ruler, attaching it with an edge.20210923_204601.jpg

Started marking the skin and frames on the hull. First I drew the gun ports, after that I marked the Barkhouts. Marked from bottom to top, the lowest Mainwelsbarhout, above it the Chagenwelsbarhout and Shierwelsbarhout. There is a cladding between them. I needed this in order to calculate the dimensions of the cladding strips. There are many different planks here. Both thickness and width differ.20210925_220317.jpg20210925_220401.jpg
In these photos, two frames of the cannon ports are still visible. I made them from a red hornbeam.

The red hornbeam looks amazing. I will bookmark that thought for the Willem Barentsz.

Neither do I Sasha. I think the red hornbeam is exactly what the doctor ordered. Did you get it from Sergey?

Neither do I Sasha. I think the red hornbeam is exactly what the doctor ordered. Did you get it from Sergey?
Heinrich, this one is not. At that moment, Sergei did not have a red hornbeam. I got sick of this bar from the guys who make knives. They use it to make handles. The block itself is small, you cannot cut the slats from it. But for the framework of the gun ports it is quite enough.
P.S. By the way, Sergey and I live in the same city. So I have some advantage in supplying materials for building ships. ;)

Back