Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

I continue to slowly process the case. I'm thinking of covering the next deck, so I haven't installed the frames for the gun ports yet. It is necessary to determine the correct distance from the deck to the gun port.

Continued work on the model. Long-term work with sandpaper bears fruit. I kind of brought the nose into the desired shape. I checked the contours with templates. The repeatability of the frames in the set leaves much to be desired, they are not the same, so on the starboard side it visually seems that I did not finish the nose. But again, the lines are identical on both sides. These small dips in the area of the frames will not affect the fit of the skin.20210908_184739.jpg

I made the supports of the beams from a simple bar. Only in the places of the admiral's entrance, I tried to carve something similar to the original, because they will be visible. 1 photo shows my experiments. As a result, I installed those on the left.20210909_194052.jpg
Here the pillars can be seen through the admiral's entrance.
20210909_201529.jpg20210909_201537.jpg
And these are the supports that will not be visible below deck
20210909_201558.jpg

Mt friend you are really doing this well. I like your methodical and careful approach when it comes to shipbuilding. The "old" and hard way will yield excellent results.

Before installing the cladding, the entire body will still need to be sanded with approximately 150 - 240 grit sandpaper.

Witaj
Aleksander zrobiłeś robotę, ci się dobrze kłaść poszycie i zrobić kołkowanie ,ja tak robiłem na moim Montanes i byłem zadowolony. trzymam kciuki powodzenia.
Pozdrawiam Mirek

Witaj
Aleksander zrobiłeś robotę, ci się dobrze kłaść poszycie i zrobić kołkowanie ,ja tak robiłem na moim Montanes i byłem zadowolony. trzymam kciuki powodzenia.
Pozdrawiam Mirek
Mirku, dziękuję. Przed nami jeszcze dużo pracy, ale cieszę się, że udało mi się uzyskać kontury poniżej linii wodnej. najtrudniejsza część była na rufie.

I cannot comment on the shape of the stern Sasha (I am not a Victory expert) but I can tell you that after your excellent preparation, it will be an absolute pleasure to plank that hull.

I did a little weekend work. The slats for the deck arrived, which I ordered from Sergey (Bibigon). Paradox, we live in the same city, 50 km distance. I could not pick it up myself, so Sergey sent them to me with a delivery service. Imagine: they brought me reiki for 8 days, within the same city. ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF
Okay, this is the lyrics, the work continues. I started laying the operdek deck planks. And I almost finished it in those 2 days.20210918_190529.jpg20210918_190542.jpg20210918_190833.jpg
The markings are future hatches and gratings on the deck. I made an imitation of caulking with a simple pencil. I rubbed the end of the rail, and then glued it.
20210918_203327.jpg

Back