Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

I like the Deagostini kit. What type of wood do they use as it looks like a hard wood? Good luck and enjoy.
It is in this set that birch is used. But there is no tree from the set in my assembly. So far, only the operdeka deck, but it is covered with pear slats. In general, DeAgostini never puts good material in his kits. I have not heard any good reviews about them. This is my second experience with this manufacturer, and I will not say that I am delighted. Here is my personal attitude to the construction of a model of their box. I always try to improve the model from the set.

Hello everyone. I took the slats from Sergey (Bibigon). So far, the slats are only for hull plating from Mainvelbarkhout and above. Reiki blue, yellow and black hornbeam. On the bottom, I have not yet counted and ordered. He began with the cladding of the partition on the operdeck and at the same time covered a piece of the deck in the latrine area.
20211011_193913.jpg20211011_193625.jpg20211011_193639.jpg

Then I started the cladding with a yellow belt just above the mainwells velvet. one rail is already glued, and in the area of the nose it wetted, bent and fixed until completely dry. While not glued, the rail should take shape. I trim it with a yellow hornbeam between the ports.
20211011_195630.jpg20211012_211728.jpg20211012_211637.jpg20211012_211847.jpg

Hi Alexander. The method you use to "pin your planking on is so clever. I wish I had seen this prior to my planking process. Your set up for planking is admired, using "filler blocks between each bulkhead. Does the Deagostini only have one planking layer? It is a pity you are behind me in the build process....LOL.

Hi Alexander. The method you use to "pin your planking on is so clever. I wish I had seen this prior to my planking process. Your set up for planking is admired, using "filler blocks between each bulkhead. Does the Deagostini only have one planking layer? It is a pity you are behind me in the build process....LOL.
Thank you, Grant Tyler. Yes, Deagostini has only one skin layer. They offer 2x5mm birch slats. I use a different material, and the dimensions of the lathing battens are also different for me.

This is yet another build that I've really fallen behind on, but it is really coming along beautifully! You have done the single-most important thing, IMO, for POB builds, which is to fill between bulkheads. You have also made a careful job of fairing between bulkheads, and your gun-port layout looks impeccable. This Victory will be every part her namesake.

Have a nice day, everyone. Construction continues. For the time being, there is still a yellow belt lining, one side at a time in the area of the gun ports. In the bow, I first soak the rail in water, then apply it in place and wait for it to dry. After that I glue it. For today, the result is as follows.20211013_182638 (1).jpg20211016_205837-1.jpg20211016_205844-1.jpg20211016_205904.jpg20211017_150942.jpg

Witaj
Piękne wygląda ten żółty i niebieski grab. Nieźle Ci to wychodzi Aleksander
Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello everyone. There is not much to show, but the work is going on. Sheathed the starboard side with a yellow hornbeam in the area of the rut of the deck. With the black belt below, I miscalculated a little with the dimensions, I will redo it. While I climb up. There are two belts of a slightly different shape. It can be seen in the photo. So far, there are only two belts, the third is a straight rail. The current result is in the photo. Of course, then all this will need to be processed with sandpaper.20211021_191741.jpg20211021_191757.jpg20211022_203726.jpg

Back