• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

My 1/72 scale aircraft

Progress update…been a lot of work to get this far. With the thrust nozzles, deflector plates, housings, and inlets, there is a specific order they have to go on. Luckily I took the time to examine it and test fit prior to gluing.
A few pics…
IMG_4345.jpegIMG_4347.jpegIMG_4342.jpegIMG_4348.jpegIMG_4349.jpeg
With the wings off, it kind of looks like a fish…lol
 
Last edited:
AV-8A Harrier is finished!

I put all of the decals on the bottom side, added the landing gear, gear doors, two outboard pylons with launchers, and built two sidewinder missiles to add.
IMG_4394.jpegIMG_4395.jpeg
Then it was time for final touch up.
IMG_4399.jpegIMG_4398.jpegIMG_4397.jpegIMG_4402.jpegIMG_4403.jpegIMG_4406.jpegIMG_4408.jpeg
On the shelf…
IMG_4410.jpeg

I now have 21 jets built! When I started this build log I only had 8 built.
IMG_4411.jpeg

Next up will be aircraft 100…
 
Last edited:
Time to do an updated review of the 1/72 aircraft collection, prior to the 100th addition.

I will do a shelf at a time. From left to right, front to back.

First category will be Jets:
IMG_4414.jpeg
1) F-80 Shooting Star
2) F-84E Thunderjet
3) F9F-3 Panther
4) F86 Sabre

IMG_4415.jpeg
5) F-86D Sabre Dog
6) F9F-8 Cougar
7) F-100 Super Sabre
8) A-4E Skyhawk

IMG_4416.jpeg
9) T-38 Talon
10) AV-8A Harrier
11) F-5E Tiger II
12) F-16C Thunderbirds

IMG_4417.jpeg
13) F-15 Eagle
14) F-18 Hornet
15) F-16D Fighting Falcon
16) F-104C Starfighter

IMG_4419.jpeg
17) A-10A Thunderbolt II
18) F-101B Voodoo
19) F-102 Delta Dagger
20) F-4 Phantom
21) F-14 Tomcat

Next category is WW1/biplane:

IMG_4421.jpeg
22) Sopwith 1/3 Comic
23) Nieuport 24bis
24) Nieuport 27
25) Spad XIII
26) Sopwith 1-1/2 Strutter
27) Bristol Bulldog
28) Stearman PT-13D Kaydet
29) DH 82A Tiger Moth

IMG_4422.jpeg
30) Fokker D.VII
31) Albatross D.Va
32) Albatross D.II
33) Fokker D.VII
34) Hawker Fury (Yugoslav)
35) Pfalz D.IIIa
36) Fokker DR1
37) Junkers D1

To be continued…
 
Last edited:
Continued…
Next category is WW2/prop aircraft:

IMG_4423.jpeg
38) P-51D Mustang “Old Crow”
39) P-51D Mustang “LOU IV”
40) P-51D Mustang “Stinger VII”
41) P-51D Mustang “Big Beautiful Doll”
42) P-38 Lightning “Marge”
43) F7F Tigercat
44) P-38 Lightning “Itsy Bitsy”


IMG_4424.jpeg
45) P-51D Mustang “Jumpin Jacques”
46) P-35 Seversky
47) P-43 Lancer
48) P-47D Razorback
49) P-36A Hawk
50) P-40 Warhawk “Flying Tiger”
51) P-40 Warhawk
52) P-47D Thunderbolt

IMG_4425.jpeg
53) F4F Wildcat “yellow wing”
54) F4F Wildcat
55) SBD-2 Dauntless
56) SBD-3 Dauntless
57) T-6 Texan
58) BT-13 Valiant
59) F4U Corsair “Kansas”
60) F4U Corsair

IMG_4426.jpeg
61) TBD-1 Devastator
62) F8F Bearcat
63) T-28 Trojan
64) P-39Q Airacobra
65) TBF Avenger
66) F6F Hellcat
67) F6F Hellcat
68) P-47D Thunderbolt


IMG_4427.jpeg
69) Fw-190 Fock Wulf
70) Me-109 Messerschmitt
71) Heinkel 112
72) Fw-190 Focke Wulf
73) Bf-110E Messerschmitt
74) Ju087G2 Stuka
75) Me-262 Messerschmitt
76) Me-109 Messerschmitt

IMG_4428.jpeg
77) Spitfire Mk V
78) Spitfire Mk V “Trop clip wing”
79) Hurricane Mk II
80) Tempest Mk V
81) Mosquito FB Mk VI
82) Sea Fury FB Mk II
83) Boulton Paul Balliol T.2


IMG_4430.jpeg
84) Ki-61 Hein/Tony
85) A6M5C Zero
86) A6M2 Zero
87) Ki-44II Shoki
88) B5N2 Type 97-3 Kate
89) Ki-43 Hayabusa
90) A5M2 Kokutai W-101

IMG_4429.jpeg
91) LA-7
92) D.520 Corps France Pommies
93) D.250 N248 French Vichy Gov
94) RE2001 Falco II
95) Ilyushin IL-2 Sturmovik
96) Yak-3

Last category is Civilian/ prop aircraft:
IMG_4431.jpeg
97) Cessna 172
98) Cirrus SR22T
99) DHC-1 Chipmunk
 
Last edited:
My 100th aircraft build has begun. I am building a P-38 Lightning in honor of my mother, who died 2 years ago. It will be named Kathy, after her. I will use her picture and name on the fuselage, similar to the famous “Marge” P-38 Lightning flown by ace Dick Bong, who had 40 kills. Would have had more but they made him stop flying.
Picture of the Marge (his fiancé) P-38 below…
IMG_4192.jpeg

Anyway, the biggest obstacle will be printing a picture of my mom smaller than a postage stamp to put on the fuselage! That may require some experimenting.

My moms pic below…
IMG_5035.jpeg



Current progress…
IMG_4442.jpegIMG_4445.jpegIMG_4449.jpegIMG_4450.jpegIMG_4451.jpeg

I added some black control boxes to the inside of the cockpit, the lever next to the seat (I think for flaps?), and the battery and another box behind the seat. I had to scratch build those items. No sense putting anymore detail because you won’t see it very well with the canopy on.

IMG_4455.jpeg
Soon I will add the scoops on the engine nacelles and start painting. I have ideas of the paint scheme I want to use. To be determined!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top