MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

H
Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I continue to make very slow progress in our YQ-Bluenose. We have have cleaned up the running lights wires a little in preparing to hide them in the up and coming ratlines. We have built and installed the two main hatches with the covers only dry fitted to give us access to the two lower holes.

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 363223Good morning Lawrence. You and the little fellows are owning this. Cheers Grant

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I continue to make very slow progress in our YQ-Bluenose. We have have cleaned up the running lights wires a little in preparing to hide them in the up and coming ratlines. We have built and installed the two main hatches with the covers only dry fitted to give us access to the two lower holes.

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 363223
Although they are small parts, they deserve the sincere attention. And that's how they look, Lawrence.
Did you deliberately give the rings on the 1st and 2nd panel from the top a different pattern /-\? Or not the 3rd and 4th /-/, equal to the 1st and 2nd?
Regards, Peter

Although they are small parts, they deserve the sincere attention. And that's how they look, Lawrence.
Did you deliberately give the rings on the 1st and 2nd panel from the top a different pattern /-\? Or not the 3rd and 4th /-/, equal to the 1st and 2nd?
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, Golly but you sure have a sharp eye. I completely over looked that little detail, thanks for the heads up, will have to correct that.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I continue to add detail to our YQ-Bluenose. This week we have installed the bow hose pipe decorations, the upper white stripes on the hull and also the port side water line. We have built and installed all of the dead eyes and there support straps.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 364779

View attachment 364780

View attachment 364781
Those are nice additions that needed a lot of attention. Everything look neat, Lawrence.
Regards, Peter

Wow Larence. I really needed to play catch-up here. You and the little fellows are flying along now, and she is looking beautiful. I trust that Bernadette is still getting stronger each day!

Those are nice additions that needed a lot of attention. Everything look neat, Lawrence.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, Thanks even though they are small details they do seam to take up a lot of the Old Ship Yard build time but well worth the little extra effort.
Regards Lawrence
Excellent
Thank you Grant, You are very kind. Yes our YQ-Bluenose is turning into a beautiful little ship.
Regards Lawrence

Wow Larence. I really needed to play catch-up here. You and the little fellows are flying along now, and she is looking beautiful. I trust that Bernadette is still getting stronger each day!
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your very kind words and concerns. Yes Bernadette is getting stronger all the time and that gives me a little more time to work in Our Old Ship Yard. Our YQ-Bluenose is sure starting to show her beauty a little more every day. This week it is me who has been under the weather as I had a plastics surgeon on Tuesday remove a little cancer from the end of my nose and I have been miserable ever since, still very sour and touchy for a few more days yet. I have been looking at the ships dory's and am about to tackle them.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed building our 3 very little dories. We had to reorder more plywood as the 1/32" or 0.77 mm was two thick and bulky for these 1:72 scale dories and ordered a sheet of 1/64" or 0.43 mm plywood that was much more bendable. We found these very difficult to build as to there very small size. We do realize that they are not at all perfect but we feel that they will blend in with our YQ-Bluenose quite nicely. We now have to add the lifting rope to complete the dories, we do have the two sets of oars completed.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6318.JPG

IMG_6320.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed building our 3 very little dories. We had to reorder more plywood as the 1/32" or 0.77 mm was two thick and bulky for these 1:72 scale dories and ordered a sheet of 1/64" or 0.43 mm plywood that was much more bendable. We found these very difficult to build as to there very small size. We do realize that they are not at all perfect but we feel that they will blend in with our YQ-Bluenose quite nicely. We now have to add the lifting rope to complete the dories, we do have the two sets of oars completed.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 368757

View attachment 368758
My compliments on completing not two, but three dories!
I couldn't get it to work, so I cheated, but yours are looking great.

My compliments on completing not two, but three dories!
I couldn't get it to work, so I cheated, but yours are looking great.
Thanks Johan, Yes they were a bit of a pain, being so small, but now I can move on, now I do have to install the lift ropes and the dory cradles.
Regards Lawrence

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 368757

View attachment 368758
You and the little fellows made some nice little fellows, Lawrence. Well done!
Looking forward to see them on deck.
Regards, Peter

You and the little fellows made some nice little fellows, Lawrence. Well done!
Looking forward to see them on deck.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you for your very kind words. Kind of wished that these dories would have come out a bit better but the small size made them quite difficult, but we tried.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well after a lot of looking and looking at my first set of dories I decided to rebuild them again. A little longer as the first just seamed a bit to short. We have added the boat cradles, and the rowing oars and lashed them to there boat cradles. We have only dry fitted them for now, leaving just a we bit more space to work on the deck.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6321.JPG

IMG_6322.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Well after a lot of looking and looking at my first set of dories I decided to rebuild them again. A little longer as the first just seamed a bit to short. We have added the boat cradles, and the rowing oars and lashed them to there boat cradles. We have only dry fitted them for now, leaving just a we bit more space to work on the deck.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 369540

View attachment 369541
Okay, why don't you give me a masterclass "dory-building"?
Mine were a disaster and I just couldn't in all honesty display them on my Bluenose.
Yours, on the other hand, look great, real complementary to the rest of your build.

Back