MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have completed installing the monkey rail, golly but it turned out to be a bit more complex than we had thought . But it sure dose start to dress her up.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 361341

View attachment 361342
Yes, new lines. She deserved the attention, Lawrence. The basics of the hull completed.
Regards, Peter

Yes, new lines. She deserved the attention, Lawrence. The basics of the hull completed.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, Thanks for your very kind words and nice comments. Now I must turn my attention to the model base, looking at it yesterday and there is not enough room to install a power jack, found a nice piece of oak.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have completed installing the monkey rail, golly but it turned out to be a bit more complex than we had thought . But it sure dose start to dress her up.
Regards Lawrence
The installation of the rails is a maddening experience. One has to plan ahead. And those corner pieces of the monkeyrail... Looks like you got it all worked out!

The installation of the rails is a maddening experience. One has to plan ahead. And those corner pieces of the monkeyrail... Looks like you got it all worked out!
Hello Johan, Yes those monkey rails were a bit of a pain that's for sure. Hoping to complete the mounting board with it's power supply plug today.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well it has been a rather week for the little fellows and I in our Old Ship Yard. We first had to build o mounting plank as the one supplied by as the one supplied by YQ-Bluenose in there kit was too thin to enable me to install our power supply for the on board Led Lighting. We found a piece of oak and trimmed it up and run it trough out router to detail the edges. We also installed the ships rudder and rudder hinges. We installed the steering mechanism that was sent to me by Henk Liebre, with the help of Dean, Peter and Johan, I thank you all very much for all of your kindness, in helping me dress up my YQ-Bluenose . We also installed the ships wheel, painting it a metallic gold and brown spokes.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6306.JPG

IMG_6307.JPG

IMG_6308.JPG

IMG_6309.JPG

IMG_6312.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates, Well it has been a rather week for the little fellows and I in our Old Ship Yard. We first had to build o mounting plank as the one supplied by as the one supplied by YQ-Bluenose in there kit was too thin to enable me to install our power supply for the on board Led Lighting. We found a piece of oak and trimmed it up and run it trough out router to detail the edges. We also installed the ships rudder and rudder hinges. We installed the steering mechanism that was sent to me by Henk Liebre, with the help of Dean, Peter and Johan, I thank you all very much for all of your kindness, in helping me dress up my YQ-Bluenose . We also installed the ships wheel, painting it a metallic gold and brown spokes.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 362343

View attachment 362344

View attachment 362345

View attachment 362346

View attachment 362347
PS -I see that I had bent the lower rudder hinge some how but was able to align it with the others.
A nice stand, Lawrence. And now your BN is steerable with the ships wheel, mechanism and rudder. Well done!
Regards, Peter

Yes now we can continue on with filling out the deck details.
Once I completed the major deck details, like the aft cabin, steering house, companionway, etc, I thought that completing the deck details would be an easy job. Not so much, though, there's like a myriad of things to complete; chainplates, dories, anchors, adding rings and nails, chains, cables. It sure is a comprehensive list, but it's very satisfying to see her grow.
When I get back home, there'll be a package waiting with an unordinate amount of blocks; we'll be going up!
I saw your lights in the wheelhouse and compass, that made me a little green with envy. I wanted those lights as well, but I saw no way to accommodate all the excess wires. Very nice job adding those.
The stand you made is sure adding to your build, way better than what comes with the kit.

Once I completed the major deck details, like the aft cabin, steering house, companionway, etc, I thought that completing the deck details would be an easy job. Not so much, though, there's like a myriad of things to complete; chainplates, dories, anchors, adding rings and nails, chains, cables. It sure is a comprehensive list, but it's very satisfying to see her grow.
When I get back home, there'll be a package waiting with an unordinate amount of blocks; we'll be going up!
I saw your lights in the wheelhouse and compass, that made me a little green with envy. I wanted those lights as well, but I saw no way to accommodate all the excess wires. Very nice job adding those.
The stand you made is sure adding to your build, way better than what comes with the kit.
Hello Johan, Thanks for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes there sure is a lot of work yet to be able to complete the main deck. I am pleased that you like the Led Lights , they surely do add an extra touch and well worth the little extra effort. I have not ordered my blocks as yet from the Dry Dock Yard, they are not that far away and should be able to receive them in a couple of days. Yes the stand is rather nice, it is out of a piece of oak my son gave me quite a few years ago, making it rather special.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Dean, Thanks for your visit to my YQ-Bluenose build log. Also for your very nice words and comments. Yes the Led Lighting helps to enhance my little ship, I believe that a few of them have to be tuned down just a bit.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I continue to make very slow progress in our YQ-Bluenose. We have have cleaned up the running lights wires a little in preparing to hide them in the up and coming ratlines. We have built and installed the two main hatches with the covers only dry fitted to give us access to the two lower holes.

Regards Lawrence

IMG_6311.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I continue to make very slow progress in our YQ-Bluenose. We have have cleaned up the running lights wires a little in preparing to hide them in the up and coming ratlines. We have built and installed the two main hatches with the covers only dry fitted to give us access to the two lower holes.

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 363223
This is not about who's first in port, but about whether or not you enjoy your journey (and the satisfaction of little jobs completed).

Back