MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Johan, I guess you could say that we are trying to work around the deck stain and oil thing as we are still very much undecided on what way to go as yet. The upper aft housing we will varnish the inside and paint the outside white with the doors varnished also. Hope this helps with my mix up.
Regards Lawrence

PS- Still have not decided on the copper paint as yet!!
The deck stain/oil is a very personal choice, I don't even dare to suggest anything.
PS The copper paint, if that's what you want, go ahead, but supposedly the underwater ship of the Bluenose I had a red color. If I would have to repaint my Billing Boats Bluenose again, the underwater ship would definitely receive a red coating.

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I continue to work in our Old Ship Yard, we have completed the companion way for the aft cabin along with it's sliding hatch cover. We also have varnished the upper cabin deck, the venial cover along with the sliding companion way hatch. These parts are only dry fitted and not aliened.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6263.JPG

IMG_6264.JPG

IMG_6265.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I continue to work in our Old Ship Yard, we have completed the companion way for the aft cabin along with it's sliding hatch cover. We also have varnished the upper cabin deck, the venial cover along with the sliding companion way hatch. These parts are only dry fitted and not aliened.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 355736

View attachment 355737

View attachment 355738
Yes! Another Bluenose with functioning doors and access hatch.
A very noteworthy achievement, congratulations. Thumbsup

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 355736

View attachment 355737

View attachment 355738
It's only a small part, but it takes a lot of time. But you nailed it with the doors and the hatch. Nice work, Lawrence.
Regards, Peter

Yes! Another Bluenose with functioning doors and access hatch.
A very noteworthy achievement, congratulations. Thumbsup
Hello Johan, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes my Ship Mates have set such high standards, the little fellows and do find it rather challenging to try and keep up, but it is making my YQ-Bluenose even more enjoyable to build, and enjoy.
Regards Lawrence

It's only a small part, but it takes a lot of time. But you nailed it with the doors and the hatch. Nice work, Lawrence.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, Thanks very much for your nice words and nice comments. Yes the doors and companion way hatch are very small and require a lot of time to do so. A great challenge for the little fellows and I, but this is making building this little ship even more enjoyable. I have always liked a lot of detail on my ships and the YQ-Bluenose is no exception.
Regards Lawrence

o_O
Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I had a trying day yesterday as we tried to build tiny hinges to operate the sky lights on the aft cabin, try as we may we could not make these hinges look as we had wished and decided to build them fixed and highlight the louvers , a much easier task. To top our bad day off we tested our Led lights and found we had a broken wire in the starboard green running lamp. In order at access the broken wire we had to remove the lower hull plank to make the repairs that was done and a new plank replaced.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6266.JPG

To top our bad day off we tested our Led lights and found we had a broken wire in the starboard green running lamp. In order at access the broken wire we had to remove the lower hull plank to make the repairs that was done and a new plank replaced.
You, my dear friend, together with your little fellows, scared the living daylights out of me with your Led failure. I ran upstairs, hooked up some power supply and, lucky me, they all still work, phew...
Good save on your side, too bad you had to disrupt your planking job.

You, my dear friend, together with your little fellows, scared the living daylights out of me with your Led failure. I ran upstairs, hooked up some power supply and, lucky me, they all still work, phew...
Good save on your side, too bad you had to disrupt your planking job.
Hello Johan, Sorry about that, but every so often I do check and test my Led Lighting as I do not like surprised. This was not a big deal as when I did my cut outs I chipped the edges of this lower plank and it looked a bit ratty, much better now and the wire is repaired. The green Led Lamp is ok but will have a much larger wire now.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have completed building the Focal Companion Way along with it's sliding hatch and the door panels are stored on the top under the sliding hatch when not in use. We have also Tung Oiled the lower half of the Aft Cabin along with the lower deck and beams.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6267.JPG

IMG_6271.JPG

IMG_6272.JPG

Last edited:
Haven't been to your log for a while Laurence Been busy
maintaining my house and fixing what didn't go well.

You have made good progress I see

The little guys have done a lot of work

I thought the little fellows were the gnomes, but I was wrong...ROTF

Regards
Henk

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed the wheel house for our YQ-Bluenose. Here it is dry fitted as we are still undecided on the deck stain and the copper paint for the lower hull. This I must decide on before the rudder can be applied.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 356548

View attachment 356549
Those actual opening access covers and doors, together with the lights and interior parts are turning this into a special build. Thumbsup

Haven't been to your log for a while Laurence Been busy
maintaining my house and fixing what didn't go well.

You have made good progress I see

The little guys have done a lot of work

I thought the little fellows were the gnomes, but I was wrong...ROTF

Regards
Henk
Hello Henk, Welcome back, we did miss you. Yes that is true about the gnomes , this last summer for around 4 months we could not get them or me for that matter to do any work at all in the Old Ship Yard. But this fall we have returned but at a very slow pace, will have to reward them with a tot of rum every so often.
Your YQ-Bluenose is coming along very well and she is looking very nice, well done.
I am almost to the point of installing your steering gear mechanism that I am sure will enhance my YQ-Bluenose, again I do thank you very much for your great gift.
Regards Lawrence

Back