Workshops My shipyard/your shipyard

Hallo Karlheinz,
wow wow wow
I have to say, that you really have a beautiful workshop - enough space, tables and more or less all power tools somebody can imagine - Great
Now everything is prepared for the work - I am happy for you !!!!
And you Modellbausäge is looking extremely good and prepared for very accurate cuts.
Is it selfmade? I guess so ..... and by whom? Is it possible to order, maybe the Type "C"

hi guys,
first of all I would like to thank you very much for your encouragement and your contributions. I had absolutely not expected this.You guys are really embarrassing me. Thank you very much, it motivates me very much. But one thing, please. Nobody has to be jealous. Not at all. When I see your great models and techniques, I am the one who should be jealous. I'm at the very beginning again and only now, after many years, I'm working my way back in and I'm looking forward to the construction time and to you. In the meantime, the workshop conversion took several years, but that is another story. In my "non-model building time" I only had the opportunity to read and collect books. I had read a lot in the past and have to say that you are a great team. Respect for your community, your interaction with each other and your models. I can only say one thing...a great forum...wow...just wow... I am happy to be among you...thanks

I will try to answer every question you might have.

@ Uwe.....I can not answer you exactly, with the saw. I mean that it was formerly for sale. I had received the saw many years ago (when I was still an apprentice .... at the time of the D-Mark) through the father of my school friend. He knew that I was interested in it. Again his "buddy" used the saw for marquetry inlays. Unfortunately he got sick in his hands and could not work anymore. I was lucky and was able to buy the saw (for me at that time an insanely high price). My teacher had advanced me the amount and I worked it off with him.

I think it is us that should be seeking suggestions and improvements for a better workshop from you.

no...let's work together as a hobby Together we are all strong and each one learns from the other. That is what the hobby is all about. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. The complementation and the cohesion brings each of us to our goal, I mean

I have a full sized workshop for furniture building in the basement of our home. The rest of that lower level is devoted to the water heater, washer/drier furnace etc, and a nice sized finished room with a bath that the kids used when they were home. No room for dedicated model making space. When I retired a few years back, the Admiral and I came to an arrangement. She didn't want me squirreled away in the basement all day while she sat upstairs alone. She offered to let my utilize a small breakfast room (we call it the "morning room") just off the kitchen that opens onto our deck. I'm able to be within earshot of her most of the day, am only steps away from the fridge, bathroom and dining room. Even my den is pretty close. It's really a nice place to work. I wish I could learn to keep it less messy!! LOL!

IMG_1880.JPGIMG_1883 (1).JPG

I have a full sized workshop for furniture building in the basement of our home. The rest of that lower level is devoted to the water heater, washer/drier furnace etc, and a nice sized finished room with a bath that the kids used when they were home. No room for dedicated model making space. When I retired a few years back, the Admiral and I came to an arrangement. She didn't want me squirreled away in the basement all day while she sat upstairs alone. She offered to let my utilize a small breakfast room (we call it the "morning room") just off the kitchen that opens onto our deck. I'm able to be within earshot of her most of the day, am only steps away from the fridge, bathroom and dining room. Even my den is pretty close. It's really a nice place to work. I wish I could learn to keep it less messy!! LOL!

View attachment 178365View attachment 178366
What a beautiful room - especially the view into the green with terasse and ..... and .... and ..... a small dream

Dave, looks like a comfortable place for model building, bright and nice with windows that provide a nice view and comfortable daylight.
It's something completely different than a dark basement with artificial lighting, envious, -

I like your workshop very much !!!!!
And we can see your actual beauty you are working on - great

Last edited:
to Charlie: 1805
the circular saw made by Herbert Mödl (a Bavarian master fitter) is a treasure, heavy, precise, powerful and a feast for the eyes. He made in the 1990-2000s only 4 or 5 a year. You had to join the queue, and I was one of the happy few! Living without this saw is possible but not worth living.
Karl Ingwer

to Charlie: 1805
the circular saw made by Herbert Mödl (a Bavarian master fitter) is a treasure, heavy, precise, powerful and a feast for the eyes. He made in the 1990-2000s only 4 or 5 a year. You had to join the queue, and I was one of the happy few! Living without this saw is possible but not worth living.
Karl Ingwer
Ich liebe diese Säge, alleine vom anschauen wird mir warm ums Herz - und ein bisschen neidisch bin ich auch
short version in English: I love the Mödl saw

hello guys, friend,

thank you very much for your encouragement. Your shipyards are also pieces of jewelry. I have already copied things from you too. A great community you are.but it's great how similar our workplaces are.

@ Karl Ingwer Thank you . I am glad to have received this saw.
@ ramonolivenza >> Fantastic
@ DocBlake >> A dream. I imagine it grandiose, in your workshop. Class

Back