Workshops My shipyard/your shipyard

Hello Donnie,

You have luxury space, personally I can dream off. It is well organized by type of work and tools. If you don't mind, IMHO, you may need some of those drawers to store your hand tools and possibly materials. They are on the wheels and you can move them around. I have two of them and thinking to get another one.

1586616627443.png

this is my setup

TableSaw_and_Mill.jpg

I posted my new desk in my build thread, but I got it all set up now. Im still locating things, I need to make some kind of stand from PVC pipe to put strips of wood in. The cutting mat I have is blue, it’s a cut-off from a Chrysler job we did once, I wish I grabbed more than 1 pc. the constitution blue print is a novelty from the store in Boston at the Ship yard, I had it framed up. I need to get to the shop, but we’re to stay in. I need to try to cut some Sapelly image.jpg

DONNIE AND JANOS EXCEPT FOR THE BEAUTIFUL MODELS I AM HOME BABY HOME< ABOUT DUST you have no idea, i have a wen infiltration unit it picks up maybe 25% of the dust the rest in my lungs have to put a stop to it, so now my work room is my HOBBY ROOM, THE LIVING ROOM, THE BED ROOM AND NEXT THE BATH ROOM. LOL. Don

Goodness, you guys are organised. I use a piece of 5mm MDF on the kitchen bench for a work space with the tools etc. I'm not using kept in the 3rd "bedroom" where I have a desk and a work bench, neither of which are comfortable to work at for most things. Any sanding I do is done sitting outside so dust isn't an issue. No power tools bar an electric drill I use to sand masts and spars, and a rarely used Dremel.

I finally got around to upgrading my shop. Version 4.0. It took me almost the entire week just to add the extra 8-foot long bench to the far right. More to it than just throwing a bench together. Got to move all the stuff out of the way, and then when attaching to the existing bench, it had to be piece milled to make sure the height of new addition matches the old. It is not like building all one structure at one time. Then move all the stuff back in - exhausting, to say the least, but I am happy with it.
One thing is that when you try to build your own workbench remember that space might look HUGE when building it. But, when you start adding tools, equipment, and other items, kit boxes parts, then your workspace becomes less and less VERY quickly.
Building a KIT does not require all the extra. I found out the hard way as you need literally twice the amount of workspace - that is my opinion of course. I am sure there are many others on the forum that make their scratch-built projects will only half or a quarter less work area and I have to applaud those that do.
My time is very limited so therefore, I just do not want to waste time dragging out a scroll saw or some other large power tool and set it up and use it and put it back.
But, this is just me. I guess I am fortunate enough that the Admiral allows me to take in one whole guest room in our house. There is still some miscellanious junk laying around that needs to be cleaned up. Now to get back to my Blandford, but too worn out to do so now !!!

workshop-version-4.0.jpg

I finally got around to upgrading my shop. Version 4.0. It took me almost the entire week just to add the extra 8-foot long bench to the far right. More to it than just throwing a bench together. Got to move all the stuff out of the way, and then when attaching to the existing bench, it had to be piece milled to make sure the height of new addition matches the old. It is not like building all one structure at one time. Then move all the stuff back in - exhausting, to say the least, but I am happy with it.
One thing is that when you try to build your own workbench remember that space might look HUGE when building it. But, when you start adding tools, equipment, and other items, kit boxes parts, then your workspace becomes less and less VERY quickly.
Building a KIT does not require all the extra. I found out the hard way as you need literally twice the amount of workspace - that is my opinion of course. I am sure there are many others on the forum that make their scratch-built projects will only half or a quarter less work area and I have to applaud those that do.
My time is very limited so therefore, I just do not want to waste time dragging out a scroll saw or some other large power tool and set it up and use it and put it back.
But, this is just me. I guess I am fortunate enough that the Admiral allows me to take in one whole guest room in our house. There is still some miscellanious junk laying around that needs to be cleaned up. Now to get back to my Blandford, but too worn out to do so now !!!

That was fast,looks good

KNOW THE FEELING DONNIE, HAD TO MOVE BAND SAW INTO LIVING ROOM, STILL NEED MORE STUFF TO MOVE, I AM REALLY CRAMPED FOR SPACE AND THREW AWAY A 35 year old scroll saw to make more space, still not enough, OH WELL IT IS WHAT IT IS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE. Don

Das ist ein sehr guter Arbeitsplatz. Es hat alle notwendigen Gegenstände. Der Zweck ist es, zufrieden zu sein, und Sie erreichen dies sehr gut. Ich danke Ihnen für das Teilen.

Lovely bright clean work room Donnie.I started out on the kitchen table many years ago,now I have a large spare bedroom and large garage but it still isn't enough.I have come to the conclusion that whatever space you have,you will always expand to beyond that space ROTF To be fair though,I don't help myself building a plank on frame model that is nearly 2 metres longROTF

Kind Regards

Nigel

Righto, Nigel, whatever space we have is not enough... even it is 10x larger than the previous one... (having said that, my place is REALLY small)
János

Yeah Janos,I think it's the fact the longer you have been doing it,the more machines you buy.In an ideal world it would be nice to have everything with it's own space on the bench and bolted down,but just haven't got the room now.My big mill is bolted down only because it is so heavy to move

Kind Regards

Nigel

Ok THIS WAS ONCE MY BED ROOM, now all my work room with all the power tools, just tried out the BLADE RUNNER X2, the members who cautioned me were correct right now it is a stand by only if you asked me right now if i would by it again NO maybe if the had a finer cut blade it would work going to try another blade to see if better will let you know tomorrow,,, now the small room that had these tools is for where i am going to build my models and has my computer will nshow tomorrow need more light, still to come lamps and a high office chair 20200512_204759.jpg20200512_204852.jpg20200512_205031.jpg

Back