Workshops My shipyard/your shipyard

Here are some shots of my ship modeling wood stash. I keep lumbar for full sized furniture in a different area. The bottom shelf is swiss pear, the second one up is boxwood, the third is miscellaneous woods like hollu, rosewood, hornbeam, bloodwood, yellowheart and teak and the rest are more common woods like maple, cherry, walnut and mahogany. The shelving is 32" deep by 27" wide. Not a commercial lumberyard, but should keep me going for a while!
Img_2046.jpgImg_2047.jpgIMG_2048.JPGImg_2050.jpg

got my new workshop sorta finished I need to paint the walls the yellowish color on them makes everything look yellowish need to get some nice pure white.

G'day Shipmates,

I have just finished visiting all the wonderful ship yards in this section, from the humble to the dream workshops and I wish to contribute some photos of my workshop after a major rearrangement and tidy up, most of these photos were taken in 2019.
My shipyard is not connected to the house.

DSC_0597s.JPGDSC_0598s.JPGDSC_0599s.JPGDSC_0600s.JPGDSC_0602s.JPGDSC_0605s.JPGDSC_0606s.JPGDSC_0609s.JPGDSC_0617s.JPGDSC_0618s.JPGDSC_0625s.JPGDSC_0630s.JPG

DSC_0633s.JPG

I am running out of space for machines so I started making trolleys for the small machines these can be easily wheeled into place for use then wheeled back when not in use, that's the plan anyway....
DSC_0707.JPG

This photo shows the bench in it's normal state, mainly highlighting the vertical draw for proxxon tools, this photo shows the draw in next photo with draw out.
DSC_0714s.JPGDSC_0716s.JPG

Home made storage for cutting bits.
DSC_0719s.JPG

DSC_0718s.JPG

Cheers,
Stephen.

amazing workplaces, I'm ashamed to put mine, but considering that I'm starting with my first model (San Francisco Cross Section) it's small, I think it's enough, for the moment I'm doing very well. I have to share the space with my photography work, so I adapted a corner of my workroom for modelling. Here is a picture:

1.jpg

1 San Francisco Seccion-1.jpg

Very nice workshop indeed Stephen. I see that you have beautiful milling machine and lathe, what brand are those? And I envy the order in which you have all the cutting bits, mine are in different drawers all around the workshop. Some day I will copy your idea to organize them. But not yet....

I worked me trough all these beautiful shipyards :D I did a lot of ideas how to fix problems in my shipyard.
Thanks for sharing. I started my hobby 2 years ago and there is a lot to have and to dream about. This is where I work in the apartment where I life. I got a big room and a very big table to work on. Keep the machines behind doors and try to keep it clean ;)

I got these wooden boxes (wine box) to store stuff i use like rope, wood and drills.
IMG_1456.JPG

my computer to spam here
IMG_1457.JPG

My workbench
IMG_1458.JPGIMG_1459.JPG
Beneath the bench a wooden box big on wheels to store the wood I use
IMG_1460.JPG

Back