New on your bookshelf ..... show it here

I recently downloaded a Kindle copy of this book for my iPad and have just completed it. A fascinating account of the development of those vulgar tubes and how their placement and development changed as the construction of ships evolved over hundreds of years. Maybe an interesting read for those reflective moments when you too are, shall we say, “sitting in state” ;).

IMG_4329.jpeg

Added one to the collection, "GREAT SHIPS, The Battlefleet of King Charles II".

View attachment 385822
for everybody interested, we have a detailed book review with Look Inside here in our forum

Great Ships: The Battle Fleet of King Charles II By Frank L. Fox

The SUN KING'S VESSELS by J.C.Lemineur​

We have this book also in our book reviews

THE SUN KING´S VESSELS / THE SHIPS OF THE SUN KING
french original title: VAISSEAUX DU ROI SOLEIL
by J.C. Lemineur
translated by Francois Fougerat

HISTORIC SHIP MODELS by JEAN BOUDRIOT​

Also this book you can find in book reviews - beautiful models shown in amazing photos

HISTORIC SHIP MODELS - The Musée de la Marine Collection – (Volume 1)

By Jean Boudriot with the collaboration of Hubert Berti
English translation by David H. Roberts
Photographs by Patrick Dantec

HMS TERROR The Design, Fitting, and voyages of the Polar Discoveryship
by Matthew Betts

EREBUS The Story of a ship
by Michael Palin.

View attachment 391544

For everybody interested you can find a detailed Review here:

HMS Terror
The Design, Fitting and Voyages of a Polar Discovery Ship

by Matthew Betts

I really enjoy the Brian Lavery books so I was pleased to find a relatively scarce but “like new” copy of this 1995 book. I’ve copied the brief overview inside the front dust jacket for reference.

View attachment 391587

View attachment 391588
SHIP MODELS
Their Purpose and Development from 1650 to the Present

by Brian Lavery and Simon Stephens

You got all really good and interesting books

Edward J. Tosti: The Naiad frigate (38) 1797, Volume I and Volume II

Naiad.jpg

I had the possibility to buy both volumes in brand new condition. The book contains a lot of advice on how to build the myriad details of such a ship. Even though the frigate is too big for me as a model, these help me in building my models.

I recently added a couple of books from Ancre to my small library. As usual the books were very well packaged and protected, which I really appreciate from book sellers like Ancre.

Uwe @Uwek posted an excellent review of L’Aigle, which prompted me to purchase the monograph of this fine looking vessel. My interest lies in the type of construction details for this vessel so I went with the 1/75 scale plans. It would be great for a future build but at that scale the model would be a space consuming 133cm (4’ 4”) in length. That would mean my wife would have to move into the garage ROTF.

IMG_4447.jpeg

Back