New on your bookshelf ..... show it here

Today I received once more a delivery from ancre - step by step my ancre-collection is complete.....

View attachment 153635

The english translation booklets of the 24pdr. frigate L`Égyptienne by our member Gérard Delacroix @G. DELACROIX
and
the english translation (Francois Fougerat) of the 24pdr. Brig Le Cygne

View attachment 153636

The book "Les Saint-Philippe et les vaisseaux de 1er rang de Louis XIII à Louis XIV" somehow like "The Saint-Philippe and the first-rates under Louis XIII to Louis XIV" by Patrick Villiers - hope there will be soon also an english translation available
and

the english translation of the booklet of the lugger Le Coureur - BTW: This translation was done by our member @Gilles Korent ...... Many Thanks for this !!!

View attachment 153638

And two monographs already in english:
Le Francois by Jean-Claude Lemineur, also translated by @Gilles Korent
and the new
Allège d’Arles - 1833 by Franco Fissore, translated by Francois Fougerat

View attachment 153637

In addition some prospects, a very interesting photo booklet showing photos of the contemporary L`Égyptienne model
and the calendar for this year, which I was still missing

Somehow it is like Christmas and Birthday at the same day.....

Here is a link to ancre, where you can read more about the publications - nevertheless I will present them all in future book and planset reviews

Uwe,
I'm showing this post to my wife to show her that there are respectable people that are even more insane about all this ship stuff than I am ! I just ordered Le Coureur, and L'Egyptienne monographs also, and received the books on the uniforms of the French Marines, and the history of the French Frigates a few weeks ago.....So many books, so little time.....
Alex R

Finally got my book from France!

View attachment 155242
For everybody interested in this book please take a look at the Book Review here on SOS

Drawings with plans are all in the book!
Ok thanks, I received separate plans that came with "The Restoration Warship" book.
I just went on to the author's website and noticed that he now sells the plans separately.

A update for my library. The Falconers Marine Dictionary as a very important refenrence book for research and education. The other one is the history of the Bonhomme Richard, my next scratchproject.

View attachment 162292View attachment 162293View attachment 162294View attachment 162295View attachment 162296View attachment 162297View attachment 162298View attachment 162299
Two very good books - great add for your library
If somebody wants to see more of the Bonhomme Richard book from Jean Boudriot, please take a look at our Book Review

So So.... this will be your next scratch project?
A wonderful and interesting ship - in the meantime I know her already better, based on my section model
And when I take a look at the three segments built by Karl alias @Jeronimo - I am looking forward .......

Just received today four nice and informative books about working on the lathe and the milling machine.
Books are in german language, so I hope to understand 50% ;)

Drehen für Modellbauer, Band 1: Das ABC des Hobbydrehers
Drehen für Modellbauer, Band 2: Besondere Aufgaben und Technologien

by Jürgen Eichardt

IMG-3846.jpg

and
Fräsen für Modellbauer. Band 1: Maschinen, Werkzeuge und Materialien.
Fräsen für Modellbauer. Band 2: Frästechniken, Messen und Sonderanwendungen.

by Jürgen Eichardt

IMG-3847.jpg

Very interesting. Thank you. I hope you will do a review.

Just made a review, maybe better to say a "Look Inside" - this subject is too complicated and I have still have to learn a lot, so it is definitely too early to give a correct comment and define an opinion. But you can find look Inside photos and the complete contents of every single book.

and

I ordered in addition some other books of this subject. These books I am expecting next week:

Lehrgang für Hilfsfräser: Anleitung zur Bedienung von Fräsmaschinen und Anfertigung von Werkstücken
Lehrgang für Hilfsdreher: Einführung zum Arbeiten an der Drehmaschine

and
Drehen und Fräsen Im Modellbau von Dipl.Ing. Tilman Wallroth

maybe afterwards I am able to give my personal (subjective) opinion .....

Just received one more parcel from ancre - many thanks to Didier for sending me these additions to my library.
Book Reviews will come

IMG-4037.jpg

AN INTRODUCTION TO PLANKED ON FRAME SCALE MODEL SHIP BUILDING
MODEL SHIP BUILDING "DOCKYARD STYLE"
by Adrian SOROLLA translation by our member @Gilles Korent
IMG-4040.jpg

LES VAISSEAUX de 74 à 120 canons 1650 - 1850
By Jean Boudriot and Hubert Berti
74- to 120-GUN SHIPS An Historical Study 1650-1850.
This volume is devoted to ships of superior strength, including three-deckers.

IMG-4038.jpg

and also the monograph
Bateau canonnier de 60 pieds
Modèle An XII

de Pierre Alexandre Laurent FORFAIT (1752 - 1807)
Présentation d’une monographie au 1/36ème par Sophie Muffat, Pierre Grandvilliers et Denis Désormière

IMG-4039.jpg

Back