Norske Løve, Billing Boats, Scale 1:75

Thursday update. Another day, another deck planked. Had to do some other work today so it will be stained tomorrow. I ran short of deckplanks from the kit so I ordered more from a Swedish hobby-shop. This is called Tanganjika wood and the planks in the kit is called Annagre but it seems to be the same even if I can see a slight difference. Will see better tomorrow after staining.

IMG_0530.JPG

Thank you for your post and all the pictures. I cut a small square from a foam sanding pad and used double sided Scotch tape to stick it to the pen sander. I really liked how it worked on more curved surfaces.

Thank you for your post and all the pictures. I cut a small square from a foam sanding pad and used double sided Scotch tape to stick it to the pen sander. I really liked how it worked on more curved surfaces.
Hi Guy, Yes, the pen sander has really become one of my favourite tools. We have a 3D printer at the office and I will have more shanks done there so I can quickly alternate between selv adhesive sand paper direct on the shank and this softer solution with velcron attachment

Sunday evening update. Mostly small things done today, some of them twice
1f603.png
. Filled up a little on forecastle deck behind the bulkhead and added a small list on top of that. Started to make the first grating, kind of a time consuming job if you ask me, and that was one of the things I had to make twice. First one ended up in the scrapbox
1f603.png

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

Sunday evening update. Mostly small things done today, some of them twice
1f603.png
. Filled up a little on forecastle deck behind the bulkhead and added a small list on top of that. Started to make the first grating, kind of a time consuming job if you ask me, and that was one of the things I had to make twice. First one ended up in the scrapbox
1f603.png

View attachment 421201

View attachment 421202

View attachment 421203

View attachment 421204

View attachment 421205

View attachment 421206

View attachment 421207

View attachment 421208
Good afternoon. Awesome progress. I will certainly pull up a chair and follow this build. Good luck and enjoy :D . Cheers Grant

Norske Løve, Tuesday update. Nothing much Monday and Tuesday, fiddling with the gratings which I want to have in place before I start planking the hull. It's much easier to clamp them to the deck now. Had a minor brainfart while doing the third grating and managed to lay the ribs in different direction, compared to the other two. I'll sleep on it and have another look at it tomorrow :)

IMG_0564.JPG

Back