Norske Løve, Billing Boats, Scale 1:75

Krister, the gratings look fine. I would move on with your build. Magic Mike
Thank's Mike, but nahh. I promised myself when I started with this that if something comes out and is not to my satisfaction, I will give it a second try, and so I did even here. Not too much work actually and I think the result is quite good.

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

Norske Løve. Finished the gratings and some more small stuff. Think it's time to start thinking about planking the hull. I'm gonna give this some serious planning befor I set the first plank. I'm also going to create som helping "plank supports" before I start planking. I believe this is the most interesting part of building a ship model and for Norske Løve i think the sterns is a bit of a challenge, we'll see :)

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

Krister, I love the look of the Fleischmann wooded screws. I looked at their catalog and they look to be round head, but your photo looks to be flat head? Magic Mike

it is a good way to improve - small things are often helping extremely to improve the appearance of a model

While the glue for the planks are drying, I start to look at other things, for example how the masts are going through the decks. I visited the Götheborg of Sweden some years ago and took a few photos. I got one photo from up on deck, and one from underneath, but from what I can see they don't look the same. I browswed the pictures from HMS Victory and found a picture from where the mast goes through the upper deck and it seems to be like a thin black collar and some sort of canvas around the mast, same as on the Götheborg of Sweden. Do you guys have any idea about what it should look like on the Norske Løve?

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG

100OLYMP-P8070047_P8070047.JPG

100OLYMP-P8070038_P8070038.JPG

Last edited:
So, finally back at the shipyard after 1½ month working in Poland. Had some really bad luck just before I left, one clamp slipped off, broke a plank and left some deep marks in the planks above. I managed to cut off the the broken plank and fixed the marks with a wet cloth and my electric plank-bender, more or less invisble now. See before and after pic's . Now I'm about to mount a new plank, it's in the bending process at the moment.

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

Last edited:
Back