NORSKE LOVE - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

For me, both sides looks very nice, Dean. And when do you see both sides together ……….. (almost only in a build-log). ;)
But when it’s in your head and the Lion is looking over your shoulder ……. I know you a little bit …… soon a 'minor' adjustment. :)
Regards, Peter
Thanks Peter. I may leave it as is... because once all the cannon ports and frames with doors (that will be red with gold Lions) are added, the wood grain will be more background. :)

Stop having it in every other picture... ROTF
It's not intentional, I have glass shelves on both sides of my work area that have models on them. Perhaps I need to put up a white background and take better pics with nothing in the background? But for work in progress, I didn't think it warranted the effort? ;)

It's not intentional, I have glass shelves on both sides of my work area that have models on them. Perhaps I need to put up a white background and take better pics with nothing in the background? But for work in progress, I didn't think it warranted the effort? ;)
As far as I'm concerned, there's no need to conceil the F4...

Beautiful work Dean. Please do not change the grain on the unfinished side. If it is indeed slightly darker than the other side, then so be it - that is wonderful and natural and the way it should be.

Wales done on this side…
View attachment 364557View attachment 364558
Next is stain and weathering of it, and then the rest of the painting. Then I can move to the bulwarks on the middle lower deck. And other tasks to finish this side, like upper railing at the stern. Too much to list, so just chipping away at it! ;)
Good morning Dean. Quality! Cheers Grant

Beautiful work Dean. Please do not change the grain on the unfinished side. If it is indeed slightly darker than the other side, then so be it - that is wonderful and natural and the way it should be.
After doing more painting, I am leaning towards just adding a matte clear coat. I think the shade will work.
F1BE09C6-B39E-41FD-8A18-2D7B7191BA50.jpeg

Welcome to my build log! Let's start with the basics:

Norske Love – Billing Boats

Scale 1:75 = 101 cm (39.76 in) long x 90 cm (35.43 in) tall x 20 cm (7.87 in) wide

HISTORY:

The Norske Love (Norwegian Lion) was designed by Frederik Michael Krabbe, a naval officer and leading ship designer, and built in 1765 by the Nyholm shipyard, close to Copenhagen. The ship was originally named after the Norwegian Lion and the Danish-Norwegian Imperial Coat of Arms. All ornaments, made by the sculptor C. Moellerup, were reminders of Norway. On the transom, there is a fisherman and farmer, symbolizing the most important trades of Norway, agriculture and fishing.

Norske Love was the second built from a series of three, the two others being Printz Friderich and Dronning Caroline Mathilde, later renamed Oresund in 1772.

She was a 3 mast warship, length 48.93 m, breadth 9.70 m, draught 5.07 m, displacement 1,076 tons. There was a normal crew of 667 men and an armament of 70 cannons. She mounted 26 cannons (24 pounders) on the lower deck, 26 cannons (18 pounders) on the mid deck and 18 cannons (8 pounders) on the upper deck. The Norske Love was used as a guard ship in Oresund and other Danish waters.

In 1789 it was equipped as a guard ship to protect Russian ships in the Danish waters. In 1795, after having been stripped into a block ship, she was used to give shelter for homeless families after the fire in Copenhagen that same year. In 1798 she was deleted from the naval register.

In addition, according to the history of the Royal Danish Navy, there were other ships named the Norske Love, prior to the one the model represents. The list is as follows:

Norske Love (1634-1653), Norske Love (1654-1665), Norske Love (1666-1679), Norske Love (1680-1715), Norske Love (1735-1764), Norske Love (1765-1798)

The Danish-Norwegian warships were, until 1780, tared with a very dark brown color, after which they were painted black with light-yellow battery lines – the so called “Nelson Look” The decks were light tar-colored and the gun carriages were red.
Hallo @Dean62
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Dean, friend. Please accept my best wishes on your birthday. Good health, well-being, may all your plans turn out and good luck does not leave you Birthday-Cake Ship-1 Bottle

Hello Dean
Happy birthday to you, father of my "little brother" (1:75) Norske Love!
His "sister" Printz Friderich (1:48)

Back