NORSKE LOVE - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

Thank you very much to everyone for the birthday wishes and kind words!
I really enjoy sharing my hobby with you all, and thank you for your words of encouragement and advice. Without that, I have no idea if I would be nearly as successful. So I try to give back in that sense, don't ever forget how words of encouragement help others. :)

Congrats and happy birthday Dean! On to many more years of modeling.

Last edited:
Feliz cumpleaños a ti.¡Feliz día! Esperamos que pases un día muy feliz en compañía de amigos y familiares

happy-birthday-in-spanish-e1490932812219.png

Thanks again everyone! It’s been a great Birthday today and my family gave me a party this last weekend on Saturday. We barbecued and swam, and I got a lot of nice presents! ;)
Here is a picture of some of my grandchildren at the party…
View attachment 365959
Good morning Dean. I missed your Birthday! I had to go up to Johannesburg for business and have been off SOS. The best way to celebrate a birthday….family and braai - special times. Happy Birthday Dean. Cheers Grant

hi Dean,
as promised, here below some pic's of my model. Unfortunately I didn't have much documentation to make this model. Only the plans of Builings Boats and my experience in model making allowed me to carry out this work. My model is under glass, some pictures are not very clear. it would be nice to have the pictures of your reference seen in a museum. This may help me improve my model.
This is the list of some improvements I have made compared to the original kit :
  1. Canons holes is de hull are real holes,
  2. Self made rowboat,
  3. black painted canons,
  4. Self made sails made for finely woven cotton with real seams,

beaupré.jpg

canons.jpg

chaloupe.jpg

figure de proue.jpg

gaillad avant.jpg

Norske lowe ensemble 2.jpg

Last edited:
hi Dean,
as promised, here below some pic's of my model. Unfortunately I didn't have much documentation to make this model. Only the plans of Builings Boats and my experience in model making allowed me to carry out this work. My model is under glass, some pictures are not very clear. it would be nice to have the pictures of your reference seen in a museum. This may help me improve my model.
This is the list of some improvements I have made compared to the original kit :
  1. Canons holes is de hull are real holes,
  2. Self made rowboat,
  3. black painted canons,
  4. Self made sails made for finely woven cotton with real seams,

View attachment 366273

View attachment 366274

View attachment 366275

View attachment 366276

View attachment 366277

View attachment 366292
Thank you for the images! Your ship looks beautiful!
If you read my build log from the start... I know it's long, but I have reference pictures and any information I could find on the Norske Love. You will see all of the upgrades I have incorporated thus far, and what I plan to do. Also you will see the paint scheme I am using from the museum model. ;)

PS - Since you have finished the build of this ship, feel free to give any advice, opinions or tips. Thanks!

Last edited:
I started the upper railing…making the cut outs for the rail posts. The locations are critical around the two cannon openings…
903A2DF2-E65C-418B-9759-7CF520A84A1A.jpeg
After ensuring they lined up properly, I added the posts and the upper part of the railing. It’s made of two boards stacked.
EDEBF578-F3EA-4AD0-AB7D-F5122B6CF355.jpeg
Then I test fit the sub assembly.
Next I will level the bottom of the posts, and paint the railing and posts prior to gluing on. Then I get to make the end piece with a scroll. ;)

Back