NORWAY`S HMS BLANDFORD CROSS SECTION BUILD 1-32

Kurt, Lego is always at an angle and can therefore use for different jigs that need to be at an angle.
Another thing is the wood glue gets off easily, since Lego is made of plastic.
The small plates on the side of the well housing are made to imitate nails, made with 0.6 mm drill bit.
Uwe does this imitation in his cross-section, you can see it clearly in his log.

And, as Dave explains, "limberboards" were used for inspection and cleaning over the keel.
Thanks for your interest, hope you continue your Blandford project soon, very nice way to learn different building techniques.
Regards-

Attempts to bend deck beams with psalm.
Totally failed.
I know it is possible to bend planks in this way.
Possibly I moistened the boards too long, 24 hours per beam.
The pictures show that this fluid has deformed the tree.
bb (1).jpgbb (2).jpgbb (3).jpgbb (4).jpgbb (5).jpgf (1).jpgf (2).jpgf (3).jpg

Dave, sorry to answer too late, the planks I tried to bend were completely straight before I started, I tried this because I didn't have any more cherry wood in the right dimension again. So I did as you say, Cutting is easier!
Bought just a little more material,
Knut-

Update.
I replaced four deck planks because of the color difference.
View attachment 150452View attachment 150453View attachment 150454View attachment 150455View attachment 150456View attachment 150457
Last image, a layer of poly.
Now ready for main deck.
Regards-
Hallo my friend,
very clean and accurate work - very good.
I have only one small point, which you should keep in mind for the future:
The nailing is not completely correct, due to the fact, that the end of the planks directly at gratings, companions etc would be nailed down by two nails at the same alignment.
I marked the correct location with red dotts, the green would not be there. It is like the nails at a butt joint of the planks
b (1).jpg

Uwe, the three nails you've marked RED, disappear when I adjust the gratings down in the deck,
The frames around the gratings should rest partially on the deck beams.
Thank you for your attention,
Knut-

Uwe, the three nails you've marked RED, disappear when I adjust the gratings down in the deck,
The frames around the gratings should rest partially on the deck beams.
Thank you for your attention,
Knut-
Ok, than you have to make two "green" nails - I wanted only to mention that these are butt joints of the planks

Back