NORWAY`S HMS BLANDFORD CROSS SECTION BUILD 1-32

All I can say, Knut - you master it!! It is looking extremely good. You have an eye for the small details. The door moldings have scraped profile! WOW! I am sure, something you have been considered but didn't implemented yet - nails imitation for wooden walls and metal bolts for hinges (both sides openers and door). Am I correct?

Jim, first of all it is just on the hinges, I don't feel safe enough to do as Uwe has done on the cabinets in the cross section he is building now. toothpicks that I've used before, I think will be too much, we'll see, greeting-

Finally finished.
Satisfied with the result, I could have nails in every plank too, but now I'm tired of this prickly work, now I want to move on, the lower deck is ready for mounting after I've placed this cabinet.
Here it is-
c bolter (1).jpgc bolter (2).jpgc bolter (3).jpg

Hello Knut, I feel guilty of it, because raised that question for you, and, at the same time I am really happy because those doors looks now as 'complete'. Yes..., I agree, this 'prickly work' kinda burden, but those small details added completeness and charm to model. :cool:

No problem Jim, I just want to get on with this build.
Making these little parts takes a long time, especially when I haven't done this before.
But now this will be a lot easier next time, I've learned a lot just by trying these techniques.
Now only 4 support columns are missing before the lower deck can be mounted.

Imitation of nails.
I made a sample of nails, as Uwe did, 0.4 mm.
Not happy with the result, I dare not go ahead with this I feared to ruin
earlier work.

Regards-

f (1).jpgf (2).jpg

Refresh.
The mast base is glued, the underside is oiled a coat, support columns are mounted in cabinets.
Next step, refine under deck, mount cabinet, glue lower deck and oil it again.
AND, two ring bolts in the hatches in cabinets, just make them first.
b (1) .jpgb (2) .jpgb (3) .jpgb (4) .jpgb (5) .jpg

Thanks for yours opinions friends.
I have started with the mounting of the shot cabinet and lower deck.
Simulation of nails will come at a later date ?.
Regards-

Just getting to looking at your build log and notice your vertical supports for the well and shot locker.

Did your children notice the Lego's missing while you used them.

I really like reading on your test work before working on real build, this give me examples of what to do when I start mine.

Kurt Konrath

Imitation of nails.
I made a sample of nails, as Uwe did, 0.4 mm.
Not happy with the result, I dare not go ahead with this I feared to ruin
earlier work.

Regards-

I have not gotten into the plans enough to know what the extra boards on bottom of well house are for, the ones with treenails in them, specifically

Kurt

The boards immediately on the sides of the keel are called “limber boards”. They cover the spaces between the frames and the keel at the lowest part of the ship. Water and grunge collects there. The “tree nails “ are really finger holes so you can remove the boards and clean all the debris from the space...including dead rat carcasses!

Back