Occre - HMS Revenge 1577 - scale 1/85, 2nd build and why

Ok here is a rookie error with this birds nest of ropes, after gluing the cannons to the deck and adding ropes and seizing to the ring bolts on the hull I realised I should have done all the rigging off deck first, then secured the cannons and ring bolts together as it would have made my life much easier doh!

Cannon on Deck (1).jpgCannon on Deck (2).jpg

Yep ... it would have! :) But look at the bright side -now you get rigging practice!

Here are a few photos of an almost completed hull and deck.

It's quite alarming how bad some of it looks magnified under lights whereas under naked eye viewing any defects are barely perceptible, I will look at touching up a few areas where necessary.

The small boat is only temporarily lashed to the deck as I expect it will need to be taken off to allow room to do some rigging.

Deck  (1).jpgDeck  (2).jpgDeck  (3).jpgDeck  (4).jpgDeck  (5).jpgDeck  (6).jpgHull (1).jpgHull (2).jpgHull (3).jpgHull (4).jpg

Need to take an enforced short break from model building before I get to the rigging.

While quite new to this hobby building wooden model ships a surprise side effect has occurred, I found myself much more interested in general period history and in particular the 1500's or the Tudor era of this particular ship, previously I didn't have any interest in the subject matter.
I have been reading books, watching YouTube documentary's and TV shows like "The Tudors", while they don't have any specific relevance to sailing ships I find it fascinating to get a feel for the life and times of the people back then, of course the same research is occurring specifically on the ships of the area too.

Unfortunately an injury has still stopped any more progress, hopefully will be able get building again soon as the rigging awaits me.
However I have been able to see the progress of other logs on this forum which has given me motivation to start again as soon as I am able.

Unfortunately an injury has still stopped any more progress, hopefully will be able get building again soon as the rigging awaits me.
However I have been able to see the progress of other logs on this forum which has given me motivation to start again as soon as I am able.
Eish- Richie quick recovery wishes.

Desafortunadamente, una lesión aún ha detenido el progreso, ojalá pueda volver a construir pronto, ya que el aparejo me espera.
Sin embargo, he podido ver el progreso de otros registros en este foro, lo que me ha motivado para comenzar de nuevo tan pronto como pueda.
Recuperate pronto!. El Revenge te necesita!!. Un saludo!

Back