OcCre limited edition HMS Victory build.

One piece of huge advice on this build is never force the floor timbers into the ribs. Cut them pre done whilst on the 1:1 scale plans and use elastic bands to pinch them together as you build. We are talking mini millimetres here at this stage. It can throw the top ends so splayed, hard to correct later. Use the top jigs all the time. Hope I’m not going on but to me this bit was crucial to the ease of build and sanding.

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpeg

Many thanks Davydd . Can’t seem to concentrate on just one model . I like to switch between a few
No problem mate. They look great and your Victory is coming on a treat. Nicely sanded and looking very straight. I know what you mean about not working on just one. If I had the space I would probably work on two or three. There is always a stage in a build where you need to take a break. The Bismarck is probably the furthest I have got in a POF build in one go and I am trying to ' change my evil ways' as Carlos Santana so wisely counselled in song many moons ago. That way maybeI won't get too spread out and never finish anything. Cheers Davydd

Looking good - The box for this kit is in my workshop but have been distracted with a commission for a Norfolk Wherry - scratch build with not a lot of plans - and one book says they originally built them to fit the wood they could find so it is literally a mini version of how it would have been done in 18?? - helps that I have some oak of that vintage from another job.

These planks are relatively thick - is the kit single planked and these are the wales?
Good job

Neilm - looking good - the box is sitting waiting to open for this project. I am heading to HMS Victory in Portsmouth on Friday if you want any particular photos - no promises - can try?

Wow! Many thanks for your consideration. I’m still a newcomer to this shipbuilding , just enjoy yourself and post your photos here for everyone to enjoy. It’s all so overwhelming at the moment but I am loving every second of this build.
Thank you again

Back