OcCre limited edition HMS Victory build.

Swearing during model building? Never heard of such a thing

This is about the kit, not your build, which is clearly very well done. I swear every time I see OcCre gunport linings, gratings and bowling (belaying) pins. As they have given a ton of time and expense to develop yet another Victory kit for the market, I do not understand why they did not improve on these.

Last edited:
Hi Neil
If you have not already seen it you may find the following log here at SOS interesting for future boat builds.

Hi Neil
If you have not already seen it you may find the following log here at SOS interesting for future boat builds.
Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing. Just WOW!

Glad you took a look Neil. I hope others involved in kit builds see it as well as it could be useful for kit builders as much as scratchers. The information on scantlings is one of the key things to have handy and they are available on some contemporary drawings as well as in several books. For scantlings from David Steel for the late 18th and early 19th century these can be found on line. https://books.googleusercontent.com...TTiGFc_4dZgcju4laWR3SB_jF5jMYBCesjjaWHkSU7GDw

Go to pages 610-612 Unfortunately they do not follow the original which had folios with two pages across so these are a bit harder to get straight.

Very good progress - and you are doing a very good job
Just a small hint: seems, that you are not working on a cutting mat (so called selfhealing) - maybe you buy one....makes the lif (and cutting) much easier and accurate

Very good progress - and you are doing a very good job
Just a small hint: seems, that you are not working on a cutting mat (so called selfhealing) - maybe you buy one....makes the lif (and cutting) much easier and accurate
Hi Uwek. I am using one. It’s on my other workbench. Thanks for the compliment on my build.

Your ship is looking great. Having built this model about a year ago, I would like to reinforce your suggestions regarding fitting the cross braces into the frames (don't force them) and your other comments about the frame. Precision is the key to success on this model. The results are beautiful.

Back