OCCRE Nuestra Señora del Pilar de Zaragoza - Manila Galleon at 1/46

Dicas

J.L. I just went true all your log
Impressive build you are you doingThumbsup
Having build the ST from OcCre and 2 other model from them I agreed 100% with you about the wood and some discrepancy but as you said for the price….. and nothing keep you away to improve the model
I have read some time ago that OcCre did improve on their latest model compare to the old ST for example improve on the gun port chain link and the Stern and so many other detail that did not look proper. When I was looking for a new ship a few years ago I almost get the S.D.P. that you are building but got the Royal Louis in place from Mamoli twice the price at the time:eek:
Your build is one that I will follow with a lots of pleasure:cool:

Well, if they did, Ntra Snra del Pilar is not one of them. It is an old kit and it shows. Only thing modern is that the ply parts were laser cut. The Royal Louis is in impressive model and I think you did the right choice.

Thanks for the kind words

Best regards

JL

CurtisW

Hello JL, I just read your build log. Excellent work. I like what you did with the windows. I am planning on building the Montanes for my next build so I'll be following your build closely. Keep up the great work.
CW

Dicas

I am planning on building the Montanes for my next build so I'll be following your build closely. Keep up the great work.
CW
El Montañés was one of my options, I choose Ntra Snra del Pilar because it was a little shorter. It is a beautiful model, worth the effort.

Being older in the Occre catalog means that you may look forward to similar problems to those that I am having with my build, but after all, once the problems are solved they turn into fun and satisfaction.

So, go ahead and have a happy building. I'll follow, because I'm curious about that model

Best regards

JL

CurtisW

It's always nice to know what you may be up against but I just like the lines of the ship. So when the time comes I may be calling on you for help. By rhe way I'm enjoying your build.