Occre Pacific 231 wood and brass train [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Everyone. Well that’s another model finished and I’m quite pleased with the result, I’ve now got to find a shelf for it to gather dust.

These kits are now 51 years old, and only the box art has been updated, everything else is the same as the original so I had some sort of idea what I was getting so it would be unfair to criticise it. It does however make up into an impressive model straight out of the box with very little enhancement. I’ve seen pictures of these built by expert modellers that are quite amazing, well above my pay grade.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Hi Everyone. Well that’s another model finished and I’m quite pleased with the result, I’ve now got to find a shelf for it to gather dust.

These kits are now 51 years old, and only the box art has been updated, everything else is the same as the original so I had some sort of idea what I was getting so it would be unfair to criticise it. It does however make up into an impressive model straight out of the box with very little enhancement. I’ve seen pictures of these built by expert modellers that are quite amazing, well above my pay grade.

View attachment 301034

View attachment 301035

View attachment 301036

View attachment 301037

View attachment 301038

View attachment 301039

View attachment 301040
Another excellent model I can remember when this one first came out unfortunately my pocket money didn't go that far.

Hello everyone. Here’s where my log begins. I’m starting by showing most of the kits contents; a few bits are not shown as I had already sorted the contents out from the kit box. It all looks quite good. There are nice brass sheets, several sheets of laser cut ply, rather a lot of white metal castings which look well done with very little flash, polished steel wheels, wooden rods and dowels, a roll of mesh, plenty of well shaped round headed nails, a lot of wire and a couple of books containing the instructions as well as a bag ballast for the track base.

Although they initially look good I’m not a fan of photo step by step instructions, I find that for small intricate areas they are confusing and difficult to both identify and fit parts correctly. For instance it indicates fitting a part 7, which is a small part but there is no parts list showing what it is, as many of the small cast parts look very similar it’s difficult to identify them from a small photo, I much prefer line drawn diagrams, but that’s only my preference. The instructions book is only in Spanish but there is an included booklet with translations.

Going through how it’s to be built, at this early stage it appears to be a well designed and thought through kit and I can’t see any particular problems, HE SAYS!

Ken

View attachment 279540

View attachment 279541

View attachment 279542View attachment 279543

View attachment 279544

View attachment 279545

View attachment 279546
Hello, What an interesting journey. Can I travel with you to the final station? If it’s not possible, then I can ride like a hare, in the trunk .

I built this model in late 1972. Excellent kit for its time. A stunning portrait of "The world's Fastest Lorry", as it was then colloquially known.

View attachment 301034

View attachment 301035

View attachment 301036

View attachment 301037

View attachment 301038

View attachment 301039

View attachment 301040
Hi Ken. How are you! The Bugatti model is great... I think it's better than the real thing

Hello All, Thank you for your replies, I appreciated your remarks about our station. This rural line became obsolete and closed down in the 60s it was with foresight that the local council took it on themselves to keep and maintain the site for future generations. The tracks were removed and the bed gravelled for about 15 miles, all the railway features were kept and it was turned into a leisure area, WIRRAL WAY, for walkers and cyclists. It is always busy, far more people use it now than ever did when it was a railway. Because it’s local and has always been there you seem to forget just how lucky we are to have it and many other local gems.

I’ve added some more pictures of it, and yes the phone still works.

Ken

View attachment 286325

View attachment 286326

View attachment 286329

View attachment 286330

View attachment 286331

View attachment 286332

View attachment 286333

View attachment 286334

View attachment 286335

View attachment 286337
Oh my God! I decided that this is your model, but this is a real building! I was wrong... oh Lord

Back