PAYMENT AND ORDERING

Welcome aboard.

This too is a first plank on frame wood model I've done. I have built several life size canoes and rowboats, never a sailing boat though so I have little to no feel for rigging and sails.

The Bluenose forum has been a tremendous collaboration of people, all working together, with so many different skillsets being contributed. Right out of the gate with the effort to translate the instructions, construction techniques, The wonderfully picture illustrated step by step build logs, different ideas, questions answered (no matter how basic or dumb sounding), history, plans, you name it, someone here has contributed to the knowledge base.

So, jump in, take the plunge. The build process is very similar to building the real thing, only in miniature. If you have problems or questions - just ask and someone will jump in to help.

And above all, patience. Just like when fitting the hull strips on a cedar strip canoe - patience is the key. The skill follows naturally.

Looking forward to your build log.

EJ

Welcome aboard.

This too is a first plank on frame wood model I've done. I have built several life size canoes and rowboats, never a sailing boat though so I have little to no feel for rigging and sails.

The Bluenose forum has been a tremendous collaboration of people, all working together, with so many different skillsets being contributed. Right out of the gate with the effort to translate the instructions, construction techniques, The wonderfully picture illustrated step by step build logs, different ideas, questions answered (no matter how basic or dumb sounding), history, plans, you name it, someone here has contributed to the knowledge base.

So, jump in, take the plunge. The build process is very similar to building the real thing, only in miniature. If you have problems or questions - just ask and someone will jump in to help.

And above all, patience. Just like when fitting the hull strips on a cedar strip canoe - patience is the key. The skill follows naturally.

Looking forward to your build log.

EJ
One venture that you may take in adding to your familiarity with the Bluenose is to go into the group and on the administrative page link take a look at the thread for old photos and references from the past. It is a collection of photos, books, videos, and commentary about Bluenose and things related to her including planking. Enjoy the voyage. Rich (PT-2)

Heinrich

Staff member
Bluenose Moderator

Hello Everyone.

The 1st of September and a special day indeed for @tooter Norman Wheaton as Bluenose #42 is dispatched to its new homeport of New Hampshire. Many congratulations on your purchase of the YuanQing Bluenose, Norm and a big and hearty welcome to the Bluenose family. I know that she will provide you with many an enjoyable hour of build during those long winter months! :)

微信图片_20210901104052.jpg

Hello Everyone.

The 1st of September and a special day indeed for @tooter Norman Wheaton as Bluenose #42 is dispatched to its new homeport of New Hampshire. Many congratulations on your purchase of the YuanQing Bluenose, Norm and a big and hearty welcome to the Bluenose family. I know that she will provide you with many an enjoyable hour of build during those long winter months! :)

View attachment 253578
Now, the games begin! Enjoy the voyage. Rich (PT-2)

Hello Everyone.

View attachment 253578
Hi Norman @tooter . Great to see this BN kit is sailing to you. Welcome.
I will ad your #42 and data to the BN-list.
Regards, Peter

Hi All,
I am in the process of building the Eisnor Bluenose (but not at 1:48) It will be at 1:96.
Having said that I would be interested in being part of this build as well. I would love to purchase a kit and be added to the list.
I did find that https://www.zhlmodel.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=198 does sell the kit..
Please send the paypal link to me and add me to the list.
Thanks!

Guy

Heinrich

Staff member
Bluenose Moderator

Heinrich

Staff member
Bluenose Moderator

Today Bluenose #43 was shipped to @Treebeard Guy Mengel in the USA. Welcome to the Bluenose Group Build, Guy! Judging by the experience of the other builders, I can tell you that a very exciting adventure awaits you. I sincerely hope that you enjoy the time spent in building her!

微信图片_20210908170003.jpg

Today Bluenose #43 was shipped to @Treebeard Guy Mengel in the USA. Welcome to the Bluenose Group Build, Guy! Judging by the experience of the other builders, I can tell you that a very exciting adventure awaits you. I sincerely hope that you enjoy the time spent in building her!

View attachment 255004
With skills of the group we may in the near future have a fishing fleet distributed around the world . . . or is it a racng fleet??? Rich (PT-2)

With skills of the group we may in the near future have a fishing fleet distributed around the world . . . or is it a racng fleet??? Rich (PT-2)
I do dearly love the fishing fleet ships. I have plans for building more of them.. more fun to come! Thanks Rich!
-Guy

View attachment 255004
Hello Guy, Congratulations with this 43th shipping of the kit to yours.
I will ad your #43 to the BN-list.
Regards, Peter