PAYMENT AND ORDERING

Welcome aboard.

This too is a first plank on frame wood model I've done. I have built several life size canoes and rowboats, never a sailing boat though so I have little to no feel for rigging and sails.

The Bluenose forum has been a tremendous collaboration of people, all working together, with so many different skillsets being contributed. Right out of the gate with the effort to translate the instructions, construction techniques, The wonderfully picture illustrated step by step build logs, different ideas, questions answered (no matter how basic or dumb sounding), history, plans, you name it, someone here has contributed to the knowledge base.

So, jump in, take the plunge. The build process is very similar to building the real thing, only in miniature. If you have problems or questions - just ask and someone will jump in to help.

And above all, patience. Just like when fitting the hull strips on a cedar strip canoe - patience is the key. The skill follows naturally.

Looking forward to your build log.

EJ

Welcome aboard.

This too is a first plank on frame wood model I've done. I have built several life size canoes and rowboats, never a sailing boat though so I have little to no feel for rigging and sails.

The Bluenose forum has been a tremendous collaboration of people, all working together, with so many different skillsets being contributed. Right out of the gate with the effort to translate the instructions, construction techniques, The wonderfully picture illustrated step by step build logs, different ideas, questions answered (no matter how basic or dumb sounding), history, plans, you name it, someone here has contributed to the knowledge base.

So, jump in, take the plunge. The build process is very similar to building the real thing, only in miniature. If you have problems or questions - just ask and someone will jump in to help.

And above all, patience. Just like when fitting the hull strips on a cedar strip canoe - patience is the key. The skill follows naturally.

Looking forward to your build log.

EJ
One venture that you may take in adding to your familiarity with the Bluenose is to go into the group and on the administrative page link take a look at the thread for old photos and references from the past. It is a collection of photos, books, videos, and commentary about Bluenose and things related to her including planking. Enjoy the voyage. Rich (PT-2)

Hello Everyone.

The 1st of September and a special day indeed for @tooter Norman Wheaton as Bluenose #42 is dispatched to its new homeport of New Hampshire. Many congratulations on your purchase of the YuanQing Bluenose, Norm and a big and hearty welcome to the Bluenose family. I know that she will provide you with many an enjoyable hour of build during those long winter months! :)

微信图片_20210901104052.jpg

Hello Everyone.

The 1st of September and a special day indeed for @tooter Norman Wheaton as Bluenose #42 is dispatched to its new homeport of New Hampshire. Many congratulations on your purchase of the YuanQing Bluenose, Norm and a big and hearty welcome to the Bluenose family. I know that she will provide you with many an enjoyable hour of build during those long winter months! :)

View attachment 253578
Now, the games begin! Enjoy the voyage. Rich (PT-2)

Hello Everyone.

View attachment 253578
Hi Norman @tooter . Great to see this BN kit is sailing to you. Welcome.
I will ad your #42 and data to the BN-list.
Regards, Peter

Hi All,
I am in the process of building the Eisnor Bluenose (but not at 1:48) It will be at 1:96.
Having said that I would be interested in being part of this build as well. I would love to purchase a kit and be added to the list.
I did find that https://www.zhlmodel.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=198 does sell the kit..
Please send the paypal link to me and add me to the list.
Thanks!

Guy

Today Bluenose #43 was shipped to @Treebeard Guy Mengel in the USA. Welcome to the Bluenose Group Build, Guy! Judging by the experience of the other builders, I can tell you that a very exciting adventure awaits you. I sincerely hope that you enjoy the time spent in building her!

微信图片_20210908170003.jpg

Today Bluenose #43 was shipped to @Treebeard Guy Mengel in the USA. Welcome to the Bluenose Group Build, Guy! Judging by the experience of the other builders, I can tell you that a very exciting adventure awaits you. I sincerely hope that you enjoy the time spent in building her!

View attachment 255004
With skills of the group we may in the near future have a fishing fleet distributed around the world . . . or is it a racng fleet??? Rich (PT-2)

With skills of the group we may in the near future have a fishing fleet distributed around the world . . . or is it a racng fleet??? Rich (PT-2)
I do dearly love the fishing fleet ships. I have plans for building more of them.. more fun to come! Thanks Rich!
-Guy

View attachment 255004
Hello Guy, Congratulations with this 43th shipping of the kit to yours.
I will ad your #43 to the BN-list.
Regards, Peter

Bluenose #44 was shipped today to @RDN1954 Johan Swart in the Netherlands and with this comes the opportunity of officially welcoming Johan to the Bluenose Group Build. I am fully aware that the decision to buy the YQ POF Bluenose was not a lightly taken one and therefore I appreciate it. However, I am confident that your choice was the right one and wish you many happy hours of building!

微信图片_20210922104017.jpg

Today was a busy one for Xiuli in the YQ offices as not only one, but TWO Bluenoses left Shandong in China! Bluenose #45 is destined for @Sonarbob Bob Winter in Lake Geneva, USA. A big and warm welcome to you Bob! I am sure that everyone is waiting with bated breath to see the sawdust of your build!

微信图片_20210922104005.jpg

Bluenose #44 was shipped today to @RDN1954 Johan Swart in the Netherlands and with this comes the opportunity of officially welcoming Johan to the Bluenose Group Build. I am fully aware that the decision to buy the YQ POF Bluenose was not a lightly taken one and therefore I appreciate it. However, I am confident that your choice was the right one and wish you many happy hours of building!

View attachment 257516
Feeling like a kid again....

Last edited:

View attachment 257516
Today was a busy one for Xiuli in the YQ offices as not only one, but TWO Bluenoses left Shandong in China! Bluenose #45 is destined for @Sonarbob Bob Winter in Lake Geneva, USA. A big and warm welcome to you Bob! I am sure that everyone is waiting with bated breath to see the sawdust of your build!

View attachment 257517
That’s good news, Heinrich.
Johan @RDN1954 and Bob @Sonarbob : Welcom!
I will ad both of you on the BN-list. Hope you will also start a buil-log. :)
Regards, Peter

View attachment 257516

View attachment 257516
Eagerly waiting for the parcel to arrive!
Too bad I can't start building before Christmas, since it will be a Christmas present from my longtime girlfriend (married her 42 years ago). Now I'm in need for a real good present for her as well...

In the mean time I'm going through a number of YQ BN logs, collecting info; the number of questions I have is rising!

Thanks for welcoming me to this community.

Eagerly waiting for the parcel to arrive!
Too bad I can't start building before Christmas, since it will be a Christmas present from my longtime girlfriend (married her 42 years ago). Now I'm in need for a real good present for her as well...

In the mean time I'm going through a number of YQ BN logs, collecting info; the number of questions I have is rising!

Thanks for welcoming me to this community.
We will be here to support you any way we can! ;)
I recommend you buy your admiral a lighthouse for Christmas...or a Dremel tool... ROTF

In what is a first for the Bluenose Group Build, Bluenose #46 has been dispatched to Italy! Congratulations to @The Sailor (Piero) on your purchase of the YQ Bluenose. I trust that she will give you many enjoyable hours of building and I also want to take this opportunity of welcoming you to the Group Build.

微信图片_20211220111321.jpg

Back