Szkutnik - New Design POB HULL - New solution for impatient modelers

Ahoy!

Different scales........... Brian I agree. I think, hulls up to 100 cm of the length should not be a problem.

We are currently working on the solid wooden hull of the HMS TIGER (TYGER) 1647 model in scale 1/72. Hull length is almost 60 cm.
It will be enough to itself to stick the veneer around it (the thickness 0,6 mm) and the hull will be ready. :)

All decorations for the HMS TIGER model are also designed.

HI ALL I POSTED THIS IN ANOTHER PLACE BUT BETTER HERE MORE TO BE SEEN AND COMMENTS KRIS HAS DONE A SEMI/ SCRATCH KIT FOR ME AMAZING WORK AMAZAING INSTRUCTIONS AND GREAT TECH JUST WONDERFUL IT SHOULD BE COMMING IN SOON FIRST SHIPMENT GOING OUT NEXT WEEK WILL START A LOG HERE AND ON MSB THIS IS AMAZING WORK BY KRIS UNBELIVABLE THIS PUTS EVERYTHING ELSE TO SHAME. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Ahoy!

Different scales........... Brian I agree. I think, hulls up to 100 cm of the length should not be a problem.

We are currently working on the solid wooden hull of the HMS TIGER (TYGER) 1647 model in scale 1/72. Hull length is almost 60 cm.
It will be enough to itself to stick the veneer around it (the thickness 0,6 mm) and the hull will be ready. :)

All decorations for the HMS TIGER model are also designed.
Do you mean the 38 gun fourth rate?

or is it a type writing error and you mean the 1747 60-gun HMS Tyger, which was the basis for the 1745 Establishment relating to 60-gun Fourth Rates....?

j3426.jpg

Ahoy!

TechTrek@ HMS St Lawrence (1814) - I don't have materials and plans for this ship. :(

Uwek@ - I am very sorry for inaccurate description. It is HMS TYGER (1647) but after first rebuild in 1681 (44-gun fourth rate ship of the line)

The elements are fitting very good - In my opinion a very good idea - and I think not only for the "impatient modeler".
There are enough modeler out there, which do not like the boring first planking job or have even problems to get a correct first planking -> Thumbsup

AHOY and HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

We know how much time is needed to build a wooden hull of a sailing ship. How much patience and skill are needed. Not all modelers have enough time for their hobbies.

We have a solution for that. Santa Claus brought us a new 4-axis CNC milling machine. Whereby we can make a wooden hull in pieces. There will be enough to glue the pieces of solid wood together and to stick with the veneer. The thickness of the shell of the hull from 2.5 mm (0.1 inch) to ..... YOU WILL SAVE TIME.

NEW YEAR – NEW TECHNOLOGIES - NEW POSSIBILITIES - NEW SOLUTION FOR IMPATIENT MODELERS :)

View attachment 203219View attachment 203220View attachment 203221View attachment 203222View attachment 203223View attachment 203224View attachment 203225View attachment 203226
Saving time is not a personal criteria for this hobby at the forefront of my voyage. There are some small detailing aspects though that techniques can eliminate mulligans. One current time consuming task is in the unwinding of stranded wire and extracting the 30 ga wires to be twisted into small cables using my old hand drill, one crank at a time, to better feel the tension and watch the lay of these lines. Carved hull and then POB were my entry boats and I enjoyed the POB planking much more than the carved/sanded hull pilot boat. I don't think that any of the approaches to our builds are right or wrong, just personal preferences. Rich (PT-2)

Back