POF L'Amarante Corvette de 12 canons 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph- Gérard Delacroix) By Shota

good evening dear my friends
In the last week I continued to work on the initial adjustments that required to place the frames on the keel.
I reached frame number 20, an Amount that making it possible to get an impression along with the draft of the ship from the contours of the front third.
I also call in pencil the locations of the wills of the ship and the gunports.
As I mentioned the previous update ,I still have a lot more sanding work, adjustments and even repairs are required of me in some of the frames in order to reach an optimal result that will allow them to be glued permanently (after the installation of the nails that connected the two layers of each frame).
So until then you will be impressed by the small progress.
Good night everyone
View attachment 442105View attachment 442106View attachment 442107View attachment 442108View attachment 442109View attachment 442110View attachment 442111View attachment 442112View attachment 442113View attachment 442114View attachment 442115View attachment 442116View attachment 442117
Good morning Shota. Looking great. What wood did you use - looks like Pear? Hopefully not too hard wood as I see some sanding coming your way. Bravo my friend. Cheers Grant

Your shipwright is following your frolics rather closely; he's not a very trustful lad, I assume?
Other than that she's starting to show her lines; little by little, step by step working your way towards a masterpiece.

Last edited:
Hello Shota, you are on the right track, your hawse timbers have turned out very well. What I noticed is that it seems that you are too high with the hawse timbers and the first frame, but Christian and Daniel have already told you that. Secondly, your subframe that holds the keel is too high, you have to make it flatter otherwise you won't get a seat on the middle frames.

IMG_1588.jpeg

eZy Watermark_17-09-2022_07-32-40PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_01-07-2022_07-45-25PM.jpeg

Hello Shota, you are on the right track, your hawse timbers have turned out very well. What I noticed is that it seems that you are too high with the hawse timbers and the first frame, but Christian and Daniel have already told you that. Secondly, your subframe that holds the keel is too high, you have to make it flatter otherwise you won't get a seat on the middle frames.

View attachment 442272

View attachment 442273

View attachment 442274
you are absolutely right my dear friend,I will fix it soon

Your shipwright is following your frolics rather closely; he's not a very trustful lad, I assume?
Other than that she's starting to show her lines; little by little, step by step working your way towards a masterpiece.

thanks for your kind words my friend

Good morning Shota. Looking great. What wood did you use - looks like Pear? Hopefully not too hard wood as I see some sanding coming your way. Bravo my friend. Cheers Grant
my Dear friend Grant, you are right it's pear wood, and it needs more sanding work :) thanks for your support

Nice progress Shabtai. First time that I see those pictures on a large screen. Looks impressive, especially when considering your building speed. Waiting to see more;) .
Regards, Maks
my dear friend Maksym, thank you very much for your kind words and compliments. :)
I try not to rush and time is not plentiful either, I learned that the desire to progress and see results sometimes hides mistakes that require treatment.

Happy and peaceful Passover

Witaj
Bardzo ładnie to wygląda Shoto jeszcze dużo pracy przed tobą będę ja oglądał z przyjemnością. Pozdrawiam Mirek
Mirku, mój drogi przyjacielu Dziękuję bardzo za miłe słowa, komplementy i wsparcie na całej drodze

Mirek, my dear friend Thank you very much for the kind words, compliments and support all along the way

Hello dear friends
I would like to update with a little progress in the preparation and adjustment of the frames, I have reached number 28.
I share this time mainly that it is fun to see how the beautiful contours of the ship's hull are created and also because in frames 25-26 the installation directions are reversed and become opposites as I marked in the picture.
Good night to all of you> my dear friends, and to all those who celebrate Passover tomorrow, and to all human beings, I wish a happy holiday of freedom wherever they are.
20240421_221524.jpg20240421_221546.jpg20240421_221558.jpg20240421_222209.jpg20240421_222520.jpg

Back