PRINTZ FRIDERICH (1761 - 1780) - danish 70-gun Ship of the Line - 1:48 by Karl I. Malcha

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Dear friends,
during my visit of the Shipmodelling Days in Hamburg
(see herefore also the topic https://www.shipsofscale.com/sosfor...-16th-september-2018-report-of-my-visit.2465/ )
I had the opportunity to meet Karl Ingwer Malcha and to see in detail his 1:48 scratch model of the Printz Friderich, a danish 70-gunner launched in 1761.

In the following you will see some photos of his extraordinary model i was able to make in Hamburg. Based on this first contact I received from him several other photos he made during the construction of his model, so I am able to make here in SOS a small building log of his model in the next future. I am will also receive additional information about the ship history, the ornamentation, the timeline of her sinking etc., so I am will be also able to share these interesting information with you.
-> First of all many thanks to Karl sharing with us these info!

BTW: Karl is working since 10 years on this model

The light-conditions were not very good, but I tried the best with different settings - Hope you can Enjoy the extraordinary model:

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl Ingwer showed in Hamburg with the help of some paper-photos also some internal details which are in the meantime covered or not visible anymore.

In the near future I will be able to show them also.....

38.jpg

36.jpg

39.jpg

37.jpg

Thanks for the interest

I just found this information about this incredible model:
This admiralty style model of the Danish ship-of-the-line Printz Friderich (1761-1780) is built out of dense and luxurious woods following the original building plans of Michael F. Krabbe.

Greg

Back